Error Type SMTP 550-verification failed

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
JasonQG
New user
New user

Error Type SMTP 550-verification failed

Post by JasonQG » 2019-05-31 05:29

For a few days I have this error with some emails, usually when they are gmail or hotmail, among others, there are no problems but when they are others I reject it attached images of the error and the DNS in case it has something to do with those records, if anyone knows how to solve it I would appreciate the help since I do not see any wrong configuration.
eser.PNG
dns.png

mikedibella
Normal user
Normal user

Re: Error Type SMTP 550-verification failed

Post by mikedibella » 2019-05-31 05:55

The remote server you are trying to send mail to implements sender verification (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Callback_verification) and the sending address MX does not host that user.

To fix, only send using senders from domains that you control, and make sure that you host a mailbox for those users.

JasonQG
New user
New user

Post by JasonQG » 2019-05-31 17:20

According to what I can understand, I can not use that email to send to other domains other than those in my possession?

mikedibella
Normal user
Normal user

Post by mikedibella » 2019-05-31 17:34

You cannot send mail to domains that use sender verification using a sender address (From: address) that does not exist at the sending domain. If you send a message From: from-name@from-domain, then a mailbox must exist in the from-domain mail servers for from-name.

JasonQG
New user
New user

Post by JasonQG » 2019-05-31 18:58

If I have created the user jquiros@insyscr.com, in that case what could it be ?, or how can I check exactly the From. I am really new using this program and I have not managed to understand it very well.

mikedibella
Normal user
Normal user

Post by mikedibella » 2019-05-31 20:56

Couple of issues I see. Your MX record is pointing to insyscr.com, I recommend changing it to point to mail.insyscr.com instead and use mail.insyscr.com as your hMailserver hostname.

Create an A record in DNS for mail.insyscr.com to point to the public IP address for hMailserver.

DNS does record an ip address for insyscr.com, and TCP connects to that IP are possible, but no SMTP banner is sent from the remote host, so you probably have a an issue with traffic handling between the Internet and the hMailserver service process.