SMTP SERVER RESPONSE:550

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
wasantha de silva
New user
New user

SMTP SERVER RESPONSE:550

Post by wasantha de silva » 2009-08-06 13:57

:(
Dear all,

Hence i forgot my password to hamilserver,I removed it from the system and reinstall it.
From that day onward this problem is recurring.
I checked config.php of PHPWebAdmin and also I checked my previous attempts to sort out same kind of problem. But none of them were able to sort this out.

Can anyone of you help me sort out this headache.

The message I get is;

Warning: mail() [function.mail]: SMTP server response: 550 The address is not valid. in C:\wamp\www\NEW\Appraiser2.php on line 91
Could not send mail

Line 91: mail($to,$subject,$message, $headers)
Ine 92: or print "Could not send mail";

Tks
wasantha

mattg

Re: SMTP SERVER RESPONSE:550

Post by mattg » 2009-08-06 15:45

We would need to see a whole lot more of your code to be able to help.

The problem line (91) from what you say, includes four variables, any of which could be poorly defined.

Also, this is a hmailserver support forum, not a PHP scripting support forum. I don't think that this is a hMailserver Issue. I think that this is a PHP coding issue.
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

wasantha de silva
New user
New user

Post by wasantha de silva » 2009-08-07 06:04

:shock:
Dear matt;

If you were able to go through my yesterday's problem, it said it happened after reinstallation of hmailserver as I forgot my password. Before that it worked fine. I suppose there is nothing wrong with the PHP coding. In php.ini file I changed the 'Document root" path that is what I have done in order to get my web page on to the screen instead of "wamp" page.

If you can help me it is great.

Tks
wasantha

mattg

Post by mattg » 2009-08-07 07:05

So do you have some hmailserver logs? Please enable all logging re-create the issue and post logs here.

If this is because you un-installed and then re-installed hmailserver then you may have setup domains or account differently on your hMailserver installation. It may also be from a changed SMTP 'Authentication required' setting

Did you see the error page in the documents detailing this error?
http://www.hmailserver.com/documentatio ... sages_smtp
550 The address is not valid.

hMailServer issues this error message if a SMTP client specifies a sender address which is not valid (which has an incorrect syntax).
If you haven't changed the PHP code at all, and you ONLY un-installed and then re-installed hMailserver, it could be many things, particularly if you changed some settings last time that you also don't remember. With hMailserver logs we can try and sort out what is happening now...
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation