SSL / TLS does not work

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
Sbaksh
New user
New user

SSL / TLS does not work

Post by Sbaksh » 2019-03-18 21:02

Hi, I enable SSL / TLS on the Hmail server and it does not work, do i have to open a port in the firewall?

ty,
Sayeed

jim.bus
Normal user
Normal user

Re: SSL / TLS does not work

Post by jim.bus » 2019-03-19 00:31

What do you mean by you enabled SSL/TLS on hMailServer and it doesn't work?

Depending on what you could mean by this statement, it is not sufficient to Enable SSL/TLS as in addition to Enabling SSL/TLS, you have to go to the various TCP/IP Ports and tell hMailServer to use the SSL/TLS which means you also need to have Security Encryption Certificates installed into hMailServer, Certificates such as you might generate from Let's Encrypt which are free Security Encryption Certificates.

You should look at the Help facility where it explains how to set up the Security Certificates to use SSL/TLS.

mattg

Re: SSL / TLS does not work

Post by mattg » 2019-03-19 01:46

As jim.bus says you haven't given us much to go on

After researching a bit, run this and post the results >> viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30914
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation