How to secure my email from spam?

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
johndvd122
New user
New user

How to secure my email from spam?

Post by johndvd122 » 2019-03-11 10:23

How to avoid getting spam emails through contact form in Website?

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Re: How to secure my email from spam?

Post by jim.bus » 2019-03-11 11:03

I am not one of the hMailServer gurus on this forum but I set up SPAM protection with my hMailServer installation.

Not knowing exactly what you are referring to in your inquiry. I am assuming you have submitted a contact form email on a website and wish to avoid any SPAM which might come from the website the contact form was submitted to.

I would recommend you get into hMailAdmin and look for Anti-spam under Settings and select expand it by clicking on the + sign next to it.

Then look at the options you have showing. You can find out how they work by clicking on the Help facility for each setting option when you open the option and reading the Help information. There are Blacklist databases, Greylisting settings, and White listing settings. Under Greylisting option there is another White list option. The two White listing settings function slightly differently. One White lists IP Addresses. The other White lists Email IDs or Domains. The Help facility explains how to use these White lists.

This is how I discovered how to use hMailServer's Anti-spam features.

mattg

Post by mattg » 2019-03-11 11:05

I would spam filters on your website, including a captcha

Google's recaptcha is free and works really well
what web platform do you run??
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2019-03-11 13:01

I suspect poster "john" from India might soon have a solution to this 'problem' and will be offering to us any time soon (with a nice web link).
HMS 5.6.6 B2383 on Win Server 2008 R2 Foundation, + 5.6.7-B2415 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

abdrahim999
New user
New user

Post by abdrahim999 » 2019-03-12 00:27

you can use API or NGINX Web Application Firewall
or you can check the ip adresse of the spammer just check google
Last edited by mattg on 2019-03-12 01:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link removed as per forum policy