How to add SSL/TLS Certificate

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
tomy
New user
New user

How to add SSL/TLS Certificate

Post by tomy » 2019-02-01 04:54

Halo experts

please help me, I first got to know the mail server and just used the hmail server. please help me how to add a ssl / tls certificate, and how do I get it? now I have added port 465 in SMTP. My email can't send mail to the Office 365 mail server (Remote server replied: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable). And there is an issue that office 365 cannot receive emails that don't have an SSL / TLS certificate. so please help me, because I was pressured by my boss. :roll: :roll:

thanks
best regards
tomy

jimimaseye

Re: How to add SSL/TLS Certificate

Post by jimimaseye » 2019-02-01 09:54

tomy wrote:
2019-02-01 04:54
My email can't send mail to the Office 365 mail server (Remote server replied: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable).
Unrelated to certificates. I would suggest you look at this first. "Mailbox unavailable" is probably because you are typing the wrong address but cold be because it is full. Look in your logs for SMTPC entries of the attempted delivery.
HMS 5.6.6 B2383 on Win Server 2008 R2 Foundation, + 5.6.7-B2415 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

tomy
New user
New user

Post by tomy » 2019-02-01 12:27

jimimaseye wrote:
2019-02-01 09:54
tomy wrote:
2019-02-01 04:54
My email can't send mail to the Office 365 mail server (Remote server replied: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable).
Unrelated to certificates. I would suggest you look at this first. "Mailbox unavailable" is probably because you are typing the wrong address but cold be because it is full. Look in your logs for SMTPC entries of the attempted delivery.
ok, if like this. but how to add ssl/tls certificate to hmailserver, Where can I get the SSL / TLS certificate?

mattg

Post by mattg » 2019-02-02 01:40

#1 connections to another server use that server's certificate, not your server's certificate

In SMTP >> Advanced >> Delivery of email
There is a check box 'use startTLS if available'.

Check that if it is not checked and that will secure your connections to outlook.com servers

#2 jimimaseye's advice is correct for the error that you posted

#3 Adding a certificate to hMailserver will ONLY impact on connections TO your hmailserver
tomy wrote:
2019-02-01 12:27
Where can I get the SSL / TLS certificate?
You can make one, you can get a free one from LetsEncrypt, or you can buy one
Self signed (where you made it) will likely give you grief when connecting clients to your server.
Lets Encrypt requires some initial work, and is not for NOOBs
Purchasing a cert is an easy option

Make sure that your certificate includes a chain, and doesn't have a password
tomy wrote:
2019-02-01 12:27
how to add ssl/tls certificate to hmailserver
Settings >> Advanced >> SSL Certificates

You then need to set up ports for encryption in Settings >> Advanced >> TCP/IP ports
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation