SpamAssassin Questions

Use this forum for discussions about SpamAssassin and anti-spam in general.
thomas10
Normal user
Normal user

Re: SpamAssassin Questions

Post by thomas10 » 2018-02-27 10:46

jimimaseye wrote:
2018-02-27 10:26
Its not so straight forward yes or no.

https://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/Au ... NotWorking

Tip: the spamassassin mail list is the best place for specific functionality questions. (I am subscribed for curiosity and it is always being answered by helpers).
hmm...ok. As long as SA works, that shouldn't be any problem then. The result after SA implementation is outstanding.
Although there are some FP, but as long as I can see it, will whitelist the domain via SA. I can see the hmail log size has drastically dropped. Thanks jimi.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2018-02-27 15:02

No probs.

TBH I dont claim to know much about the technical workings and, in fact, my Spamasassin installation is more or less out-of-the-box regarding configuration (as detailed in 'my preferred' set up on this forum). There are others on the forum that pay more attention or are more particular with it but I find that mail list are full of anoraks who, if you can get them to respond without the "you know nothing so why are you asking questions" attitude (yes there are people like that as we have seen around here in the past too), will be very helpful.
HMS 5.6.6 B2383 on Win Server 2008 R2 Foundation, + 5.6.7-B2415 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

thomas10
Normal user
Normal user

Post by thomas10 » 2018-02-28 03:49

jimimaseye wrote:
2018-02-27 15:02
No probs.

TBH I dont claim to know much about the technical workings and, in fact, my Spamasassin installation is more or less out-of-the-box regarding configuration (as detailed in 'my preferred' set up on this forum). There are others on the forum that pay more attention or are more particular with it but I find that mail list are full of anoraks who, if you can get them to respond without the "you know nothing so why are you asking questions" attitude (yes there are people like that as we have seen around here in the past too), will be very helpful.
Lol. Can see that when I was sourcing in Hmail forum. Various types of people can be seen, but as long manage to detect and resolve problem, that should be fine. Haha..