Backup of hmailserver & roundcube webmail

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
A_bhishek
Normal user
Normal user

Backup of hmailserver & roundcube webmail

Post by A_bhishek » 2014-07-19 09:25

Dear Sir,

After moving the mailserver from one to other server , we installed hmailserver with built in MySql Server DB on the second server & restored the hmailserver settings & previous hmailserver data dir on same location but after that we are not getting the maildata on roundcube webmail. So please help me to take backup of hmailserver data so that we could access the mail data on webmail.

Abhishek

mattg

Re: Backup of hmailserver & roundcube webmail

Post by mattg » 2014-07-19 09:33

If you need to know how to backup roundcube, you should ask the support for that product how to do that
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

A_bhishek
Normal user
Normal user

Post by A_bhishek » 2014-07-20 11:15

Hi Matt,

Thanks for ur answer but please help me which directory should backup for hmailserver & roundcube webmail so that we could restore users mails on other server....

Thanks for ur support..

Abhishek

percepts
Senior user
Senior user

Post by percepts » 2014-07-20 11:18

which version of hmailserver on old server and which db on old version ?

which version of hmailserver have you installed on new server and which db ?

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2014-07-20 11:20

Roundcube webmail is just a mail client like thunderbird, outlook etc. There is no separate mail for each client. If you can access the email on an account with standard client then you should be able o access the same email with the webmail ASSUMING the email is stored on the server using IMAP

Please contact roundcube support for information on how to use their product.
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

percepts
Senior user
Senior user

Post by percepts » 2014-07-20 11:40

I thought he was asking about roundcube but having re-read the question I think he's just saying he can't access his mail using roundcube after moving servers and that the problem is really his hmail move from one server to another. But I could be wrong.

A_bhishek
Normal user
Normal user

Post by A_bhishek » 2014-07-21 11:36

Thanks Percepts ,

you are right , we have problem in accessing previous mails from roundcube webmail , which were on old server after restoring hmailserver data directory on new server. We are using same version as on old server i.e 5.3.3 .

Please help me which dir should backup of hmailserver & DB so we can access old mails from imap client through roundcube webmail.

mattg

Post by mattg » 2014-07-21 12:23

Does another mail client connect?

How did you move your hmailserver??
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

percepts
Senior user
Senior user

Post by percepts » 2014-07-21 14:00

when you backup old server selct all ticks boxes including compression (if that exists in old version 5.3.3). That should create a single file. Then restore file.

The limit for that backup may be only 1 GB. How much data do you have in old system? You may have to upgrade old system to 5.4.2 and then backup (as above) which will allow 15GB and restore to 5.4.2 on new system.

If you have just backed up settings and domains you can't just copy over messages manually as the restore won't create db entries for them.

Snorkasaurus
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Snorkasaurus » 2014-07-21 15:06

Hey A_bhishek,

If Roundcube was also relocated with hMailServer you may need to reconfigure it to point to the new IP address (which you can find in config\main.inc.php). If this is the case I would bet that your users' address books have disappeared and can be restored as described here.

S.