Hmailserver PHPWebAdmin - autoreply expiry does not work

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
entropicsinkhole
Normal user
Normal user

Hmailserver PHPWebAdmin - autoreply expiry does not work

Post by entropicsinkhole » 2013-11-12 16:56

hMailserver 5.4.1950
MySQL server 5.58
PHP 5.3.5

Recently started getting my users to use PHPWebAdmin to set an autoreply, but the expiry does not work. The autoreply remains enabled after the expiry date has passed. If I go back and look at the hMail console, the enable and expiry fields are populated correctly, so the information is getting there--just not activating. If I restart the hMailserver service -- it will then activate the expiry set through PHPWebAdmin, but it's not an ideal workaround.

If I use the hMailserver console directly to set the expiry, I have no problems

As a sidenote: I had the same problem setting expiry dates in Roundcube (which is why my users are now trying PHPWebAdmin), though at the time folks here suggested it might be a Roundcube issue (RC accesses the hmailserver database directly instead of through application APIs). I never figured out a solution, which is why I decided to start directing users to PHPWebAdmin. For reference: http://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewto ... ply+expiry

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Re: Hmailserver PHPWebAdmin - autoreply expiry does not work

Post by Bill48105 » 2013-11-12 17:56

That is very odd since I have many users who use the web admin & not heard any complaints. Could be a bug in web admin but could be user error too. Guess you are going to make me test it myself. :)
Bill
hMailServer build LIVE on my servers: 5.4-B2014050402
#hmailserver on FreeNode IRC https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#hmailserver
*** ABSENT FROM hMail! Those in IRC know how to find me if urgent. ***

entropicsinkhole
Normal user
Normal user

Post by entropicsinkhole » 2013-11-12 23:12

Hah, I hope it's not user error -- after I had users complaining, I tested it myself and had the same thing happen :-/

I'll verify it again tonight with test accounts

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2013-11-14 08:21

Again I'll say it must be user error. I tested myself. I used test users. Enabled vacation response for one in web admin & the other in the GUI admin setting the expiration to the same date for both. As you can see from the raw database values both have expiration enabled & both have exact same expiration date. Those are the only 2 things used to stop the response automatically
hmail-vacation-expires-webvsgui-compare.jpg
Are you SURE the end date is typed with correct format in the web admin? The only thing I see different that could come into play is in the GUI a calendar control is used which makes it foolproof where as in the web admin the user must type the date EXACTLY AS SHOWN in the following format: (YYYY-MM-DD) Maybe the user is not typing it in right order/format.. Or maybe there is some date localization issue coming into play.
Bill
#hmailserver on FreeNode IRC https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#hmailserver

entropicsinkhole
Normal user
Normal user

Post by entropicsinkhole » 2013-11-14 15:44

My two test accounts worked fine, so I bet you're right about users putting the date in wrong--my own first instinct was to type MM-DD-YYYY (though I caught myself), so I can see other users doing that too. Thanks!

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Post by Bill48105 » 2013-11-14 17:24

Glad you figured it out. A calendar control or at least check format with javascript should be added to the web admin but it DOES show the proper format to the right of the field if people would learn by example. :)