Open-Source ASP.NET 2.0 WebMail system

Use this forum if you have problems with a hMailServer script, such as hMailServer WebAdmin or code in an event handler.
wiganli
New user
New user

Aspx Source code

Post by wiganli » 2007-11-22 13:38

This links r not working.
Can i get new link or source code?
Thanks

Jeinhor
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Jeinhor » 2007-11-23 01:43

:oops: I'm sorry for the late replies, I'm quite busy with other things right now...
wiganli wrote:This links r not working.
Thanks
tazzvon wrote:For some reason i cannot get any of the download sites to work and the alternate site does not have the 0.71 version on it. Anyone else haveing this problem.
I'm sorry for the downtime on the primary download server. I forgot to set OSAN up after a reinstall and I haven't checked back here lately. "it won't happen again" :roll: Anyhow, you should now be able to download v.0.71 and use the demo application now.
Macson wrote:What is your plan about domain-editing and user-administration in the webmail?

Is there any plan to build something for this? Is this allready done?
As mentioned above I do not have much time to work on this project at the moment. However, I have plans to create administration functionality in a not-too-far-future (I need this myself...). I'm thinking primary of domain administrators being able to handle e-mail accounts and users being able to change password.

Also, there are plans on developing support for different data sources (MYSQL, MSSQL) for the contact system (and other future datasource-dependent functions).

And yes, we're waiting for v5, but I sadly can't blame the wait for the inactivity with the project itself :?

Would be glad to see any code you develop though, maybe we can use it?
dharry wrote:Hi,

I write a calendar and a todo extension for OSAN. The calendar based on DayPilotLite http://www.daypilot.org/daypilot-lite.html. I write it in a school project. A colleague write a adressbook and a notebook. All the extensions based on a SQL-Server Database. This is faster than XML-files and if a user will be deletet all entries will be delete too. My extensions are in a beta-phase and my colleagues are in a early alpha-phase. I can upload my files to your server if you like.
I would be glad to see your code, although it might be hard for us to implement it since we've started developing support for different data sources and therefore we've already made major design changes to those modules. But who knows, send me a PM if you have time. Good luck with your school project!
tazzvon wrote:I was also wondering how you go about updateing or are there instructions or do I have to re-install the whole thing or will it be obviuos when i download it.
About updating: there are no standardized way to do this, for now you'll have to use common sense (I just replace the files). One thing to keep in mind is if you are using the contact system, be sure not to replace ..\App_Data\AddressBook\Index.xml since that file is keeping the last index used, and will be incremented for every contact created.

zyguy
New user
New user

File attachments

Post by zyguy » 2008-01-09 21:39

Thanks for coming up with this app, works great - except I can't get files to attach to the emails.

I browse for the file, press 'add' and it looks like the ajax loading gif flashes for a second, but no file gets processed.

Would appreciate greatly and assistance anyone can offer, spent my morning getting this online and would hate to abandon it!

Thanks

Jeinhor
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Jeinhor » 2008-01-16 00:26

Sorry for the late reply.

We had a version with this bug. Maybe you got hold of that version? The primary download server was down for some days, is back online now. Try downloading 0.71 from there and it should fix your problem.

Otherwise get back to me here.

at
New user
New user

Portuguese translation

Post by at » 2008-01-17 18:50

I can help with a Portuguese translation.
Please let me Know how can we do it.

Thanks
AT

fixitchris
New user
New user

com exceptions on 2003 r2

Post by fixitchris » 2008-01-19 22:04

Excellent TOOl!

for com exceptions on Server 2003 see:
http://blog.crowe.co.nz/archive/2006/03/02/589.aspx

(Network Service needs DCom Perms instead of IUSR)

chargrilled
New user
New user

DCOM issue?

Post by chargrilled » 2008-01-22 16:55

I installed the webmail client on the same machine as hmail. The os is Windows Server 2003. After reading some posts about DCOM permissions I got it to work. Great. Next I installed the webmail client on another box. OS is Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. I get to the login and I receive the COM class factory error etc...I installed the hmail administrator component on the box, went to the dcom config and set it to run on the box that has hmail installed. I am still receiving the error. Anyone have something else I can try? Thanks!

Forgot to mention using the hmail 5 beta.

Jeinhor
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Jeinhor » 2008-01-23 23:56

Did you alter the permissions (not only the location) for the DCOM on the Web Edition-machine like you did on the first machine?

Kaan1983
Senior user
Senior user

Post by Kaan1983 » 2008-01-24 00:28

Hey Jeinhor; did you download the last v5 API?

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2008-01-24 02:10

I now have a highly customized Roundcube 1.0 RC2 installed on a Windows 2003 RC2 Server and hMailServer on a Windows XP (laptop). I can change password, vacation message and e-mail forwarding via DCOM :-)

IIS6 with PHP will require permissions on the XP box for IUSR_<server>, ASP uses another service-user, but what I did was:

Install hMail Admin on the Windows 2003 server to get the DCOM object and typelib stuff in place.

Component services on the Windows 2003 server are as follows:

Code: Select all

"My Computer"
	COM Security
		Access Permissions
			Edit Limits
				Anonymous: LA	
				Everyone: LA, RA
			Edit Default
				SELF: LA, RA
				SYSTEM: LA
		Launch Permissions
			Edit Limits
				Administrators: LL, RL, LA, RA
				Distributed COM users: LL, RL, LA, RA
				Everyone: LL, LA
			Edit Default
				INTERACTIVE: LL, LA
				SYSTEM: LL, LA

"hMailServer" object
	Security
		Launch Permission
			Use Default
		Access Permission
			Use Default
		Configuration Permission
			Customize
				Administrators: Full Control, Read
				CREATOR_OWNER: 
				Power Users: Read
				SYSTEM: Full Control, Read
				Users: Read
Any options not listed above are left as they were when installed.

Component services on the Windows XP box (hMailServer) are as follows:

"My Computer"
	COM Security
		Access Permissions
			Edit Limits
				Anonymous: LA	
				Everyone: LA, RA
			Edit Default
				SELF: LA, RA
				SYSTEM: LA
		Launch Permissions
			Edit Limits
				Everyone: LL, RL, LA, RA
			Edit Default

"hMailServer" object
	Security
		Launch Permission
			Customize
				Everyone: LL, RL, LA, RA
		Access Permission
			Use Default
		Configuration Permission
			Customize
				Administrators: Full Control, Read
				CREATOR_OWNER: 
				Power Users: Read
				SYSTEM: Full Control, Read
				Users: Read
Any options not listed above are left as they were when installed.

I hope you can use this information...

john25uk
Normal user
Normal user

Post by john25uk » 2008-01-24 03:12

Hi

Thanks for the app - it's great!

Have a problem at the moment when I get a HTML message nothing is displayed where the message should be.

I am on hMS 5, OSAN .071, latest Ajax, Win2003 Web Edn.

I have played around with the allowed tags and things, but it didn't help.

Any help is appreciated

John

Jeinhor
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Jeinhor » 2008-01-24 16:23

Kaan1983 wrote:Hey Jeinhor; did you download the last v5 API?
I haven't played around much with v5 yet, hopefully I will find the time soon! I installed the first alpha though (guess the COM API is updated with that install aswell).
Hi

Thanks for the app - it's great!

Have a problem at the moment when I get a HTML message nothing is displayed where the message should be.

I am on hMS 5, OSAN .071, latest Ajax, Win2003 Web Edn.

I have played around with the allowed tags and things, but it didn't help.

Any help is appreciated

John
I've seen this problem before... can you post your AllowedTags and AllowedStyles attributes from the Web.Config?

Kaan1983
Senior user
Senior user

Post by Kaan1983 » 2008-01-24 21:28

Jeinhor wrote: I haven't played around much with v5 yet, hopefully I will find the time soon! I installed the first alpha though (guess the COM API is updated with that install aswell).
Yeah but I mean the files that we put in the bin directory of the application. Don't we have to change that too? hımm I donno... :roll:

Jeinhor
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Jeinhor » 2008-01-25 11:10

Kaan1983 wrote:
Jeinhor wrote: I haven't played around much with v5 yet, hopefully I will find the time soon! I installed the first alpha though (guess the COM API is updated with that install aswell).
Yeah but I mean the files that we put in the bin directory of the application. Don't we have to change that too? hımm I donno... :roll:
No, I think they're just linking to the DCOM-object. It should work fine. The next release is being developed against v5, so if there is a problem it will be gone by then.

Kaan1983
Senior user
Senior user

Post by Kaan1983 » 2008-01-25 14:37

Allright, thanks a lot :)

Jeinhor
Normal user
Normal user

Regarding the future of OSAN Web Mail

Post by Jeinhor » 2008-01-28 20:56

Hello,

I'm thinking about the future of OSAN Web Mail and would like to hear your opinions. One of the developers have recently left the team (thank you Markus for all your help!) and myself I've come to the conlusion that I do not have neither time nor will to make it as complex as we first planned (different data sources, contact system fully compatible with import/export, configuration pages).

This is what I am considering: Build a fully functional web mail with the following new features:
* Saving of sent messages (possibly also draft messages)
* Administration panel for domain admins to manage accounts for their domain
* Simple web setup project installation
* Translated to as many languages as possible
* Fully support encoding/decoding (probably most of this will be fixed automatically with v5, haven't tested this fully yet though)
* Support for ASP.NET 3.5 (possibly two downloadable versions, one ASP.NET 2.0 and one ASP.NET 3.5)
* And of course bugfixes

With the above features we will have a fully functional web mail with all the core functionality but without any extras. For me, a web mail is a replacement for a normal e-mail client application (such as Outlook) to use when traveling or when otherwise unavailable to access the client app.

As it will stay open source anyone needing a contact system or any other addition can develop it and integrate it with their current business data layer.

What are your thoughts on this?

EDIT: Yes, this means the current address book function will be removed in the next release to keep the application simple to setup and manage.

Kaan1983
Senior user
Senior user

Post by Kaan1983 » 2008-01-28 21:23

I'd say make it AJAX, make it hot :wink:

john25uk
Normal user
Normal user

Post by john25uk » 2008-01-30 00:03

Thanks Jeinhor

Here are the allowed items.

<add key="AllowedTags" value="html,body,head,br,p,strong,i,ul,li,table,th,tr,td,div,span,h1,h2,h3,h4,a,b,hr,sub,strike,ol,font,img"/>

<add key="AllowedAttributes" value="cellspacing,cellpadding,width,style,colspan,rowspan,color,size,align,href,src"/>

<add key="AllowedStyles" value="background,width,height,border,border-left,border-right,border-top,border-bottom,color,padding,padding-bottom,padding-left,padding-right,padding-top,font-size,font-family"/>

I added a few in, like img, but haven't got around to comparing the messages with what is on here. Anything glaringly obvious that is missing?

John
C:\ C:\DOS C:\DOS\RUN RUN\DOS\RUN

John 8)

Jeinhor
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Jeinhor » 2008-01-30 11:31

john25uk wrote:Thanks Jeinhor

Here are the allowed items.

<add key="AllowedTags" value="html,body,head,br,p,strong,i,ul,li,table,th,tr,td,div,span,h1,h2,h3,h4,a,b,hr,sub,strike,ol,font,img"/>

<add key="AllowedAttributes" value="cellspacing,cellpadding,width,style,colspan,rowspan,color,size,align,href,src"/>

<add key="AllowedStyles" value="background,width,height,border,border-left,border-right,border-top,border-bottom,color,padding,padding-bottom,padding-left,padding-right,padding-top,font-size,font-family"/>

I added a few in, like img, but haven't got around to comparing the messages with what is on here. Anything glaringly obvious that is missing?

John
No, can't see anything obvious. If it is possible maybe I could get a copy of the mail that is messing it up? (You got PM)

mbosch
New user
New user

Post by mbosch » 2008-02-29 01:01

Why not move the project to codeplex?

kenby
New user
New user

Post by kenby » 2008-03-02 19:19

Hi.
I'm interested on this project development, what's your idea about sent message? using a database for that or using the saved message from the main hmailserver database?

tocpcs
New user
New user

Post by tocpcs » 2008-03-08 13:17

I'm interested in this web mail idea.

I like it kept clean, and agree, there's no need for a contacts feature. It only bloats things and makes more needless bug fixes for developers, etc. when things break (and adds to any security issues possible).

As for project maintenance, you might get more maintainers if you chucked it on a public open source site, where others can contribute ideas, and code them, and the project is more of a collaborative effort, and doesn't just depend on the one person maintaining it and consuming all that persons time?

Kaan1983
Senior user
Senior user

Post by Kaan1983 » 2008-03-20 00:05

Hey Jonas,

we were using in our scripts the AddToList() function to eliminate wrong e-mail addresses; However, when an address like "abc @hotmail.com" failed and passed our filter I realised that hMailServer API already checks for that and throws an error if the string is not a proper e-mail address.

Currently I switched to the following simple code:

Try
            msg.To.Add(Address)
            List.Add(Address)
        Catch ex As Exception
            Me.basAddresses.Text = Me.basAddresses.Text + Address.ToString + "</br>"
        End Try
Also don't forget to check CC and BCC addresses like I did before :)

ciao
Kaan

Jeinhor
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Jeinhor » 2008-03-20 02:59

mbosch wrote:Why not move the project to codeplex?
I'm guessing that's something like SourceForge? Mainly because I have no idea how to ;)
kenby wrote:Hi.
I'm interested on this project development, what's your idea about sent message? using a database for that or using the saved message from the main hmailserver database?
I'm trying to avoid an external database to keep things simple, and will probably use the new methods in v5 (Copy() message) to save sent messages. Each user will specify their sent items folder and the settings will be saved in a XML-file. I think this is a must because of different users using different email clients and languages will most likely have different names on their Sent Items folder, and the webmail should preferably use that folder.

Did that answer your questions?
tocps wrote:I'm interested in this web mail idea.

I like it kept clean, and agree, there's no need for a contacts feature. It only bloats things and makes more needless bug fixes for developers, etc. when things break (and adds to any security issues possible).

As for project maintenance, you might get more maintainers if you chucked it on a public open source site, where others can contribute ideas, and code them, and the project is more of a collaborative effort, and doesn't just depend on the one person maintaining it and consuming all that persons time?
Thank you for your opinions.

I think I'll look into putting it up at a open source site, but I doubt it would give more help than I'm already getting here :)
Kaan1983 wrote:Hey Jonas,

we were using in our scripts the AddToList() function to eliminate wrong e-mail addresses; However, when an address like "abc @hotmail.com" failed and passed our filter I realised that hMailServer API already checks for that and throws an error if the string is not a proper e-mail address.
Thanks for the tip, Kaan!

Carl
Normal user
Normal user

Re: Open-Source ASP.NET 2.0 WebMail system

Post by Carl » 2008-03-30 18:04

Great Job. This is the first WebMail app I've had work on Server 2008 and it worked great with v5 of hMailServer.
Carl

98% of computer users know just enough to be dangerous, but not enough to be useful. I'm afraid I don't fall in the top 2%.

alexyu
New user
New user

Post by alexyu » 2008-04-17 13:48

I have installed the webmail server on my Windows 2003 server, and is running very good. However, when I try to send in some double bytes content such as Japanense or Chinese, this cannot able to proper display the email content. But I try to use the IMAP to the Hmailserver, the email content is still good. Any hint?

sovilo
New user
New user

Post by sovilo » 2008-04-18 20:31

First of all, nice work.
I found same bugs :mrgreen:
In your demo page, try to open the ComposeMail.aspx with firefox.
All the content is out of page about 1000px and the browse button recovered from the add button.
PS: I will try to find time for translation.

mdwait
Normal user
Normal user

Post by mdwait » 2008-05-01 03:52

I try to download link, but get page not found:
http://83.233.159.4/OSANWebMail-0.7-source.rar

what am I doing wrong?
hmailsvr 4.4/5.1 ~MS-SQL 2000/2008 ~VB6,VB.NET 2005~ASP.NET

mattg

Post by mattg » 2008-05-01 04:17

mdwait wrote:I try to download link, but get page not found:

what am I doing wrong?
From the first post on the first page of this thread, the link name has changed to ver 0.71
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

scuba811
New user
New user

Post by scuba811 » 2008-06-07 01:58

Well, I guess I missed the step of maiking that vitrual directory an application. I have done this, and I log in using my credentials, but it redirects me to a page on the main site with an error. I will be working through this and will let everyone know my results. Thanks!

I tried loading this on 2008 Standard, and I have entered everything correctly in the web.config file and verified the permission, however all I get is a runtime error message:

http://www.kozelcomputing.com/mail/

Can you tell from that page what I might have missed?

shine
New user
New user

Post by shine » 2008-06-19 06:24

public class Message
{
private Account account;
internal MessageClass dComMessage;
public Message()
{
dComMessage = new MessageClass();
}
public string Subject
{
get { return dComMessage.Subject; }
set { dComMessage.Subject = value;}
}

}

I tryed just:
hMailServer.Message msg = new hMailServer.Message();
msg.HTMLBody = "some unicode text";
if I try set into subject non english letters (like chinese) the suject still be empty.The same with HtmlBody and PlainBody .

if I enter text to msg.HTMLBody in unicode - it is continue to be empty , if English - everything ok

---hMailServer.Message don't contains BodyEncoding and SubjectEncoding.

sorry for my poor english!
Thanks

Mori
New user
New user
Location: Tromsø, Norway - Land of the Midnightsun and Aurora Borealis.

Post by Mori » 2008-07-03 13:50

mdwait wrote:I try to download link, but get page not found:

what am I doing wrong?
Eeehh.. Guys..
Are the project shut down? Links not working (again?). :)
I realy would like to see the interface, and most of all download latest stable version.

BTW. Anyone like this in Norwegian? I can be of assistance translating it (it i only could download it...) :D
Mori

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2008-07-03 14:27

If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

Mori
New user
New user
Location: Tromsø, Norway - Land of the Midnightsun and Aurora Borealis.

Post by Mori » 2008-07-03 16:16

http://www.brain-farts.org/osan/ <-- works
Thanx, but i believe its v.0.7 and not the latest 0.71...

Any other place with demo logon to see how it works?
Mori

Jeinhor
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Jeinhor » 2008-07-10 21:44

Sorry guys, server moved to a new location, and ONCE AGAIN I forgot this download.

I keep getting suprised people is still interested in this application when I look back at this forum. When v5 is released I will release a updated version of OSANWebMail, probably fixing most of the errors people are encountering now.

Thank you for your support!

New download location: http://82.145.135.35/OSANWebMail-0.71-source.rar

fixitchris
New user
New user

Post by fixitchris » 2008-09-01 04:18

Thanks!

I use your app everyday to check my mail remotely.

Caspar
Senior user
Senior user

Post by Caspar » 2008-09-08 13:14

Because i want to have my clients use different types of webmail i would like to have an image of OSAN (logo). Do you have a nice picture i can use for the webmail, or is it OK to have someone i know to make a logo for it (i will give you the original files then).

Also, when i login under a wrong name (iamwrong@wrongdomain.com) it gives a popup with an 500 error. When i just give in a username, without a domain, then it shows Wrong username/password (like normal)
If you have strange problems or errors use the log analyzer! http://log.damnation.org.uk
Join us on IRC! http://hmailserver.com/irc_fullscreen.php

Jeinhor
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Jeinhor » 2008-11-04 17:53

It's absolutely okay for someone to make a logo for it, I currently do not have one. Would be great if you sent me the files if you make it!

I hope I will find the time to finish the v5 version of OSAN soon.

smuda
Normal user
Normal user

Run OSAN on IIS7

Post by smuda » 2008-11-09 23:15

Hi!

To be able to run OSAN on IIS7, do the following:

start dcomcnfg.exe
go to component services\ Computers\ DCOM Config
open properties on hMailServer.
Under security->Launch and Activation Permissions, choose Customize and Edit.

Add your IIS account for local launch and local activation.

(By the way, are there any newer version than 0.71?)

Best regards,

John

westdam
Senior user
Senior user

Post by westdam » 2008-12-04 01:21

any news with this project?

smuda
Normal user
Normal user

Post by smuda » 2008-12-11 07:37

Hi!

Currently the project is being updated to handle hMailServer v5. This will give you for example an option to save the emails that you send to an outbox and improved decoding of emails.

There are also a number of other things that will be fixed:
- The admin password will not be needed in the web.config anymore
- Logging have been improved, now uses log4net
- FreeTextBox will probably be replaced since it doesn't work very well in all browsers.
- There will be a control panel for users that is either domain admin or server admin to administrate their users
- and, as always, a couple of bugs have been fixed.

BR,

John

joaquimsa
New user
New user

Post by joaquimsa » 2008-12-15 21:48

Hi,

Would like to test this application but none of the links is working .
Can someone give me a link that works?

Thanks very much.

Joaquim

desertman
New user
New user

Post by desertman » 2009-01-03 11:09

I can't download ur code,why???

desertman
New user
New user

Post by desertman » 2009-01-03 11:15

Can i get a version of that webmail ?

thank u very much.

please send me email at baratjan@gmail.com

thanks a lot.

mattg

Post by mattg » 2009-01-03 11:35

Did you read the First POST in this thread? (At the top of page 1)

It contains links to two servers from which you can download OSAN
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

desertman
New user
New user

Post by desertman » 2009-01-04 15:54

yes,i have visited all the address that post give us.
but none of them is accessable....

where could i find that?

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2009-01-04 16:58

Well you obviously didn't

http://pix.sonhult.se/osanwebmail_0_71_bin.rar <---- on the first post of the first page as matt said.

Jeinhor
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Jeinhor » 2009-01-23 01:32

So, I've setup a Tracker for the project. I've gone through this thread and added all suggestions and bug reports as Tickets. This is the URL: http://www.osan.se/ (discount on .SE-domains in Sweden, that's why it's .SE ;-)).

Anonymous users have permission to add tickets. If I missed something, or if you've found additional bugs/have other feature requests, please add a ticket (check existing tickets first though). Please use your forum username when adding tickets.

Caspar
Senior user
Senior user

Post by Caspar » 2009-01-23 11:03

Hi Jeinhor,

I see that the website has an old certificate, could you make sure, that it has eighter a good certificate (at least not expired) or just let it run in HTTP (wich is normal for these types of sites).

If you can't do that i would suggest that you try to host it somewhere else. Because a good site with the least amount of trouble before you look at it, is the best ;-)

If you want me to host it PM me and we'll work it out.
If you have strange problems or errors use the log analyzer! http://log.damnation.org.uk

Jeinhor
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Jeinhor » 2009-01-23 16:42

Well, I can renew it when I have the time, but I can't get a certificate from a authorized certfication authority - that's to expensive.

I really don't see why I should switch to HTTP instead of running with a "bad" certificate. If I run in HTTP, all authentication would be sent in clear text.

Thank you for your offer about hosting, but I'd rather host the project on a server I own.

CarlUman
New user
New user

Post by CarlUman » 2009-01-30 17:05

If I end up moving my sites back home I'll give this a try. I used SharpWebMail last time and it was very plain and not under active dev.

zfhzhy209
New user
New user

Post by zfhzhy209 » 2009-02-04 04:22

This links r not working.
Thanks

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2009-02-04 10:25

http://www.osan.se/ works you just need to click through the broken SSL certificate.

Jeinhor
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Jeinhor » 2009-02-08 16:05

Well, thanks to yakatz tip on www.startssl.com I have now created and installed a "real" SSL certificate. Users running Firefox should see no warning, though IE users still needs to either click through or install StartCom Root CA in their trusted certificates (can be found on www.startssl.com, guide for Vista on http://forum.startcom.org/viewtopic.php?t=954).

Also, some new functionality is now implemented in the trunk. I could provide a early Alpha for those interested; I am running it on my server and it works fine for me. Check www.osan.se and then go to Timeline to see what has happened!

Caspar
Senior user
Senior user

Post by Caspar » 2009-02-09 08:19

its mutch more userfrendly now :) thanks. BTW i still didn't hear yet for the udpated logo, ill try to see if he is able to post it to me somwhere today.

ITSyncForce
Normal user
Normal user

Post by ITSyncForce » 2009-02-12 14:07

Jeinhor wrote:Well, thanks to yakatz tip on http://www.startssl.com I have now created and installed a "real" SSL certificate. Users running Firefox should see no warning, though IE users still needs to either click through or install StartCom Root CA in their trusted certificates (can be found on http://www.startssl.com, guide for Vista on http://forum.startcom.org/viewtopic.php?t=954).

Also, some new functionality is now implemented in the trunk. I could provide a early Alpha for those interested; I am running it on my server and it works fine for me. Check http://www.osan.se and then go to Timeline to see what has happened!

Hi,

did you take the project offline?

I now only have aspx files with this text (I do not know Swedish)

Detta är en markörfil som genererats av förkompileringsverktyget, och filen ska inte tas bort.

If somebody has a working version could you please contact me?

Jeinhor
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Jeinhor » 2009-02-14 15:01

No, the project is not taken offline...

The ASPX-files are just marker files, all logic are embedded in the .DLL-files located in the BIN-directory. What problems are you having?

ITSyncForce
Normal user
Normal user

Post by ITSyncForce » 2009-02-16 12:17

Jeinhor wrote:No, the project is not taken offline...

The ASPX-files are just marker files, all logic are embedded in the .DLL-files located in the BIN-directory. What problems are you having?

Hi,

I fixed it. Was my mistake.

Thanks anyway.

Frank

freemailer
Banned

Post by freemailer » 2009-02-19 01:45

Does this work with version 5 at all, or should I keep using version 4 for now?

ronchese
New user
New user

Post by ronchese » 2009-02-19 03:19

VERY good! I was getting myself mad with all those php webmails, that requires lots of configuration and download/install additional softwares. Also, every time I ran that php-setup to add or remove a feature, it screwed my installation.

Your Osan webmail worked easy and nicely, and has a good layout (compared against and not so old like squirrel). The good part now is we can remodel the site beautiful and easily as well, once now we have a .net option!!

Thanks for this!!
Cesar