This SHOULD have had "[SPAM]" on the front of it since it had been rejected by spamhaus, but for some reason, any attempt to put it on the front of these odd email subjects seems to fail.Subject: =?windows-1251?B?W1NQQU0gQkxdIFszXTog8eDs++kg//Dq6Okg7/Dg5+Tt6Oog4+7k4CDx?=
Notice that the first part of the line seems to always relate to some foreign charset. Is it possible there are nulls in the string? If so, is there a way to remove them? The vbs replace() function didn't work using chr(0).
I thought it might have to do with the length of the text, so I decide to cut off the end of it, and add my "[SPAM] " message to the front. I did this using the "Left()" function in VBS. It didn't help, and now I see errors in the logs as:
When I check the subject text with IsNull(), it passes. When I use cStr() to make sure it's a string, it makes no difference.
"ERROR" 1836 "2006-12-21 11:46:35.515" "Script Error: Source: Microsoft VBScript runtime error - Error: 800A0005 - Description: Invalid procedure call or argument: 'Left' - Line: 234 Column: 3 - Code: (null)"
1. I can't figure out why the Left() function is failing.
2. I can't figure out why I (and hmailserver as well) can't prepend the "[SPAM]" message to some subject headers.