COM API documentation

Use this forum if you have problems with a hMailServer script, such as hMailServer WebAdmin or code in an event handler.
tocpcs
New user
New user

COM API documentation

Post by tocpcs » 2012-03-12 09:01

Hi,

I've had a look at the documentation for the COM API, and it does somewhat it's job. i.e. you know if you query a long value, you'll get a long.

What's missing is the string reply for undelivered messages. I can't simulate an undelivered message easy enough (i.e. it'll probably bounce unless a temp fail was set up - and i can't think where I'd get a temp fail for a bit to test).

Does anyone have the output of the Undelivered Messages property from the Status object ?
It'd be good if the COM API documented examples of the strings returned (or examples of all return values).

I was going to grab the source and get my answer there, but the source for the 4.x builds 404's.
I'm aiming to add a simple script to PRTG Monitor, which should give me an alarm on too many undelivered messages, and keep a record count of the messages (easy enough, return OK if the undelivered messages is 'empty', but I would like to have a count on it, hopefully not hard from the string returned?)!

tocpcs
New user
New user

Re: COM API documentation

Post by tocpcs » 2012-03-12 09:08

Well, found somewhat of an answer here:
http://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewto ... 260#p81260

Each undelivered message appears on a new line.