Squirrel mail mod with html_mail plugin

Use this forum if you have problems with a hMailServer script, such as hMailServer WebAdmin or code in an event handler.
macmichael01
New user
New user

Squirrel mail mod with html_mail plugin

Post by macmichael01 » 2005-04-19 04:56

Has anyone tried using the html_mail plugin and if so were they successful at installing it b/c is not loading for me.

I have downloaded the compatibility and html_mail plugin and placed them in the plugins directory. I have edited the config file for the html_mail plugin. I have also ran the Perl config script (config.pl) added the plugin from the "available plugins". I haven't done the patch but that only seems to be for adding emoticons.

If anyone has any bright ideas as to what I am doing wrong please let me know.

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2005-04-19 12:28

Perhaps you would get fast reply from the squirrelmail people on this one...
:)

ric melia
Normal user
Normal user

Post by ric melia » 2005-04-19 13:23

i've also not been able to get this to work...

with the latest version, trying to use FCKEditor I narrowed it down to being a problem with paths.

this is a wild guess but it may not work properly on Windows..

every post about it on the SM forum suggests that it "just works".. a bit odd...

TheAngryPenguin
Senior user
Senior user

Post by TheAngryPenguin » 2005-04-19 16:53

I can't get it to work either. How did you narrow it down to paths? Due to the nature of SM plug-ins, the only time an error in paths should occur is when the plug-in calls an external application, in this case ASpell or ieSpell.

I'm not stating that this will make it work for us, but make sure the plug-in's config.php has:

Code: Select all

$html_mail_windows_or_nix = 2;
...on line 42. I still can't get it to work with it set as either 1 or 2.

Also, I'd definitely be trying to get something like this to work in IE first before trying it out with Firefox

+++

AW SHITE!!! Duh!!! Um, don't forget to go into Options > Display Preferences and change "Email Composition Format" to "HTML" :oops:

ric melia
Normal user
Normal user

Post by ric melia » 2005-04-19 17:05

had both those settings set correctly.

narrowed it down to paths as i got a js error on the composition page saying something along the lines of file not found.

sorry, i'm not being very useful... i did this a while ago and can't really remember. i decided in the end that I don't really want to be waiting for an html editor to load in squirrelmail anyway... :)

TheAngryPenguin
Senior user
Senior user

Post by TheAngryPenguin » 2005-04-19 18:19

Well, I had no problems getting it to work after I realized that it had to be enabled in Options > Display Preferences. With one modification [1], it simply works out of the box just as most other plug-ins do.

[1] Copy (or rename) config.php.sample to config.php.

macmichael01
New user
New user

Post by macmichael01 » 2005-04-22 07:20

It took me forever to find out what was wrong and as the previous reply mentions check your options! If everthing installs right and there isn't any errors then its installed correctly just need to enable it.

Such a simple thing that would save a lot of time and frustration if only they would make mention of it in the read me file.

TheAngryPenguin
Senior user
Senior user

Post by TheAngryPenguin » 2005-04-22 07:28

macmichael01 wrote:It took me forever to find out what was wrong and as the previous reply mentions check your options! If everthing installs right and there isn't any errors then its installed correctly just need to enable it.

Such a simple thing that would save a lot of time and frustration if only they would make mention of it in the read me file.
Agreed. The readme should have been more informative. Now we all know better to check the options page whenever installing new plug-ins. I guess in the SM community, this is a given.