Corona Virus

Forum for things that doesn't really have anything to do with hMailServer. Such as php.ini, beer, etc etc.
SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Corona Virus

Post by SorenR » 2020-08-16 15:53

jim.bus wrote:
2020-08-16 06:24
I had seen these portions of the Johnathan Swan interview some days ago. And this interview just shows how unfit this idiotic excuse for a president is. Yes the Campaign Slogan is very appropriate MAGA (Morons Are Governing America).
I would love seeing "Sleepy Joe" and "Marge Simpson" elected - and then have "Sleepy Joe" step back ...

That would be EPIC ... Some would call it KARMA :mrgreen:

Having a woman of colour as President of The United States ... Priceless 8)

Anyways, if "Sleepy Joe" wants to put some danish influence into America here is some info..'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG_tg5ldBrQ
SørenR.

“Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.”
― Edmund Burke

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2020-08-17 00:22

SørenR.

― Edmund Burke

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2020-08-18 12:19

In Germany they have started hoarding sausage & cheese…
They call the situation wurst käse scenario :mrgreen:
SørenR.

― Edmund Burke

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-08-18 12:50

SorenR wrote:
2020-08-18 12:19
In Germany they have started hoarding sausage & cheese…
They call the situation wurst käse scenario :mrgreen:
Taxi! for Soren.
5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2020-08-18 13:09

SørenR.

― Edmund Burke

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Post by palinka » 2020-08-18 17:21

SorenR wrote:
2020-08-18 13:09
I want one of these...

https://www.earthlymission.com/alien-fa ... face-mask/

That was the first thing my friend made when he got his new 3d printer. That was before corona chan.

AamiBrown
New user
New user

Post by AamiBrown » 2020-08-22 13:31

Most difficult last 6 months. Things are getting better in Paris but still i would recommend others to stay safe and must use mask. I am watching many people are looking relaxed and that is just not the demand of this time. We must prove that we are responsible citizens

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2020-08-22 13:56

AamiBrown wrote:
2020-08-22 13:31
Most difficult last 6 months. Things are getting better in Paris but still i would recommend others to stay safe and must use mask. I am watching many people are looking relaxed and that is just not the demand of this time. We must prove that we are responsible citizens
Most of them I presume are "Generation Z" aka Snowflakes... Their motto: don't worry, mom and dad will fix it.
SørenR.

― Edmund Burke

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2020-08-24 06:52

FB_IMG_1598244503560.jpg
SørenR.

― Edmund Burke

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-10-24 10:36

From a survey around the world Donald Trump is less popular than Putin and Xi. :lol:

Full story here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54541907
5.7 on test.
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-10-31 09:51

palinka wrote:
2020-03-29 16:36
SorenR wrote:
2020-03-29 16:24
Can I just say one thing ...

Masks are ONLY good for NOT spreading virus to OTHER PEOPLE!
That is NOT TRUE. They are indeed particularly effective at not spreading the virus to others. But they are also effective against catching the virus. Anyone who tells you otherwise should be written off.

Anyway, if everyone wore a mask, we wouldn't need the lockdown.
And yet:

BBC News - Covid: Are we heading back into a full lockdown?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54712917

All of these countries have had wearing masks as compulsory for months. And still are.

As I said, it doesn't look like wearing masks works, does it. And one has to remember to factor in the quality of what people are wearing out there and suitability of how people wear them. After all, the average Joe Public is not medically trained (knowing how to wear and handle them) or given medical grade masks.

No, mask effectiveness was always going to be minimal.

Now... locking in students from the rest of the world would have a very different outcome. It's no coincidence numbers have shot up since they went back to schools, colleges and universities. They think themselves exempt from regulations and blatantly defy social distancing rules at the pubs or 'residency halls' because "it doesn't affect them".

[Entered by mobile. Excuse my spelling.]
5.7 on test.

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2020-10-31 10:18

In the US recently on the MSNBC network it was noted that in certain States where COVID was spiking certain Counties enacted a mask mandate other Counties did not. The ones with the Mask Mandate the rate of COVID infection went down and in those that did not enact the Mask Mandate the rate of COVID infection was higher.

It is apparently well established that Masks generally help prevent infection of others with COVID but the Mask does not generally protect the wearer of the Mask unless you are wearing special types of Masks such as the N95 Mask. Cloth Masks were determined to be the least effective in preventing spread of COVID infected droplets. Wearing a Handkerchief Cloth Mask was probably the worse or T-Shirt Material, etc. Surgical Masks were slightly better at this. Yet the consensus was Masks still kept down the rate of infection.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2020-10-31 10:32

Don't get me wrong, for the avoidance of doubt: my observation and claim is that masks will not solve the problem as was the claim by Palinka. I do not advocate not wearing then as even the worse performing ones (7% effective) is still 7% of smeg not transmitted. But that still leaves the remaining transmitted smeg out there that will contribute to cause infection.

As your post and claims: at best it reduces the proliferation, it doesn't stop it. Therefore we need to involve other measures and have less faith in masks alone.

Maybe this is why: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/coron ... eathe.html

(Trump supporter? 😉)

[Entered by mobile. Excuse my spelling.]
5.7 on test.

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2020-10-31 11:34

In my post the ratings of the vary mask except for the N95 Mask actually came from one particular doctor as a source for these claims about degree of effectiveness. Generally though it is thought the Masks do contribute to significantly reduce infection (my interpretation of reports I hear).

The problem I see though is we have the crazies in the Republican Dominated States who believe the even crazier president about his claims that the Pandemic is over or we'll just get 'Herd Immunity' which all the real experts say doesn't work and these crazies will not wear the Masks. I believe if memory serves me correctly Sweden tried Herd Immunity and it didn't work or maybe it was Switzerland.

My State actually is one of the few where supposedly our curve has either flattened out or is going slightly down while the majority of the States are going up again with what they are calling the 3rd Wave. My County got moved to the second lowest risk tier and they accordingly opened up more business functions. However, the County states the only reason we got moved into the lower tier was because the number of tests we were doing had gone up. I personally don't trust government's assessment of the risk as I've seen them do this before and then a few days later they moved us back up into the higher tier. I believe our Governor succumbed to some of the political pressure to open up too soon.

Another problem I see is that even though our rate of infection is down, the fast food restaurant workers, at least, are not all wearing the masks properly. I see them with their masks pulled down below the nose which defeats the purpose of the mask. I see the workers sanitizing the outdoor dining tables and in my opinion they are not doing a thorough enough job and definitely don't sanitize the chairs the customers sit in as they are supposed to do. Some do better than others but I wouldn't trust them. When I eat out at a fast food restaurant, I get my food and since i want my food hot instead of taking it home to eat or reheat and eat, I simply eat my food in my car in front of the restaurant. That way I'm isolated from everybody.

So I generally trust the scientists claims of wearing a mask reduces infection but common sense tells you it isn't going to catch everything. The masks as well as the other guidelines would probably work better if the people actually followed the guidance. But in downtown restaurants for instance, I don't see any Social Distancing. I wouldn't eat in Downtown because from my perspective that is very dangerous of infection with COVID.

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Post by palinka » 2020-10-31 13:39

jimimaseye wrote:
2020-10-31 09:51
All of these countries have had wearing masks as compulsory for months. And still are.

As I said, it doesn't look like wearing masks works, does it. And one has to remember to factor in the quality of what people are wearing out there and suitability of how people wear them. After all, the average Joe Public is not medically trained (knowing how to wear and handle them) or given medical grade masks.

No, mask effectiveness was always going to be minimal.
This is true. I was wrong about that insofar as nobody pays attention to protocols for handling the masks. Masks do work if you take precautions on how you wear them, remove them, etc. But if you just stuff it in your pocket so its handy when you're forced to wear one in the supermarket (that's what I do today) then there's no benefit whatsoever. In the beginning I took proper precautions with the masks, we had a protocol for bringing groceries, etc into the house, we were serious about it. But when the data moved away from the fear mongering we gave up on all that stuff. I think I may have even had it.