If anyone is interested, I made a very simple PHP frontend for Gammu SMS.
* Uses unaltered Gammu database (no new tables/columns/etc).
* Send short/long messages immediately or at future time - long messages are properly sequenced to arrive as a single long message.
* Displays outbox (including long message outbox in sequence)
* Displays inbox/sent items
* Displays connection status (Gammu outbox polling status: CONNECTED or DISCONNECTED)
* Search inbox/sent items by keyword or phone number
* Displays names instead of numbers if configured (from PHP array - no database entries)
* Mobile browser support (viewport)
That's it. No restful API, no multiple users, no bulk messaging, no fancy features at all. In other words - exactly what I needed for myself.
But I figured maybe others might find it useful too. It seems to be pretty popular already. I've had more clones for this project than all my others combined. I could not find a version anywhere that suited my simple needs, so I made it for myself and I wasn't the only one looking for something like this.
I use Gammu to notify me of lots of events in hmailserver, among many other things including programatically notifying the power company of an outage.
I look at it as email=messaging, SMS=messaging. Different berthing areas in the same boat. And Gammu works great on Windows.
Forum for things that doesn't really have anything to do with hMailServer. Such as php.ini, beer, etc etc.
1 post • Page 1 of 1