Email and the impact on Climate Change

Forum for things that doesn't really have anything to do with hMailServer. Such as php.ini, beer, etc etc.
SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Email and the impact on Climate Change

Post by SorenR » 2019-08-25 14:47

palinka wrote:
2019-08-25 13:26
Ever see a vegan wearing lipstick? Not me. Those people have a screw loose. A couple of times a year there's a news story about another vegan infant death or near death because they try to give the baby a vegan diet and the poor child ends up chronically malnourished. Who in their right mind would do that to a child? It's not like these events are completely unknown. Every damned one of them knows the consequences of their kook diet on infants and some still try. Because nobody tried it like they're trying it and they're smarter than any of the previous kooks that killed their children. Those people should be sterilized.
No worries, if left alone the problem will solve itself over time :wink:
SørenR.

Woke is Marxism advancing through Maoist cultural revolution.

katip
Senior user
Senior user

Post by katip » 2019-08-25 16:20

why do vegans respect animal life more than vegetal life?
what is their understanding of "life"? mobility?
Katip
--
HMS 5.7, MariaDB 10.4.10, SA 4.0.0, ClamAV 0.103.8

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2019-08-26 14:14

jimimaseye wrote:
2019-08-25 12:32
Show this to a vegan. See their world change.

BBC News - Why you may have been eating insects your whole life
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43786055

(Time to clear the 'animal friendly' lipstick off your lips)

[Entered by mobile. Excuse my spelling.]
I don't need to look at that link to tell me what it's about. We get portions of insects in our canned vegetables all the time and if your lucky you get a whole grasshopper. But the lipstick comment reminds me of a funny Attorney joke which is really intended to be a sneer of Attorneys but if you look at the joke you can also see where it is a compliment. The joke is:

What's the difference between a female lawyer and a Pit Bull?
Answer: Lipstick.

It's complimentary in that you want your Attorney to be aggressive for you.
If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics.

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2019-08-26 14:15

jimimaseye wrote:
2019-08-25 12:32
Show this to a vegan. See their world change.

BBC News - Why you may have been eating insects your whole life
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43786055

(Time to clear the 'animal friendly' lipstick off your lips)

I don't need to look at that link to tell me what it's about. We get portions of insects in our canned vegetables all the time and if your lucky you get a whole grasshopper. But the lipstick comment reminds me of a funny Attorney joke which is really intended to be a sneer of Attorneys but if you look at the joke you can also see where it is a compliment. The joke is:

What's the difference between a female lawyer and a Pit Bull?
Answer: Lipstick.

It's complimentary in that you want your Attorney to be aggressive for you.
If you think you understand quantum mechanics, you don't understand quantum mechanics.

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2019-08-26 14:35

jimimaseye wrote:
2019-08-14 23:35
Dravion wrote:
2019-08-14 22:09
Our Sun will explode in a Superno in 4 billion years.
Thats a heck of a lot of time. Hopefully at this point in time Humabs know howro reach out to other Solar systems ;-)
They won't. Never will. Nearest star is 4.2 light years away. Human body cannot withstand light speed travel. Even if they could it would take them 4 years to get there. That is just the nearest star. Not a planet. Or anything habitable. More likely the suitable destination will be millions of light years away. Human life expires around 80 years in. Science will tell you that it isn't going to happen because the maths doesn't work.

So save your money on liking for one and concentrate on the world we live on whilst we have it.
Actually I have never heard that humans couldn't withstand Light Speed Travel. Just that it would take an infinite amount of energy to achieve Light Speed which is damn near impossible. Furthermore there are a number of theories and beliefs that for lack of a better word effective Faster Than Light Speed travel is possible. I believe there just isn't a power source currently great enough to achieve it. NASA supposedly is working on how to achieve effectively Faster Than Light Travel. And strangely enough many of the theories look like Star Trek Warp Speed or other Science Fiction Authors speculations. Their secret to Faster Than Light Travel is that you never actually go Faster Than Light which preserves Einsteing's Theory of Relativity laws. What can go faster than light is Space or probably more accurately Space Time. One described methodology is for a vessel to somehow pull Space in front of it closer to it and push space behind it further away thus the vessel is riding on a wave of Space or maybe it is Space Time. Another method is to create Worm Holes which the math says could be done. If I understood the concept correctly you would go from Point A To Point B without traveling faster than the speed of light in Space. Don't ask me about the specifics of these methods I'm just reporting my uneducated interpretation of the methodology. But you can look it up on the internet.

And by the way just a Trivia Nit. The nearest star is roughly 8 Light Minutes away or 92.96 million miles. Now can you tell me what the next closest Star's name is.

mattg

Post by mattg » 2019-08-26 15:25

jim.bus wrote:
2019-08-26 14:35
And by the way just a Trivia Nit. The nearest star is roughly 8 Light Minutes away or 92.96 million miles. Now can you tell me what the next closest Star's name is.
Alpha Centauri system, Proxima Centauri

Alpha Centauri system is the 'pointers' to the Southern Cross - the great constellation of the southern hemisphere.
Proxima Centauri can't be seen with human eyes, but Alpha Centauri and Beta Centauri are clearly visible even through the brightest light pollution.
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2019-08-26 17:48

I wasn't taking about the Sun as that is already reachable by probes currently hurtling towards it. I was talking about the next star that would be responsible for sustaining life on near by planets (as ours does) alpha centauri (as matt correctly identified) being the next (closest) one.

'Bending' space. Worm holes. Etc. Never going to happen.

5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Post by palinka » 2019-08-26 19:10

jimimaseye wrote:
2019-08-26 17:48
Man will never fly.
Man will never travel to space.
Polio will never be eliminated.
Donald Trump will never be elected.

LOL

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2019-08-26 20:55

palinka wrote:
2019-08-26 19:10
Man will never fly.
Feats of mankind - effort of mankind required.

'Bending' space. Worm holes - it's nothing to do with mans endeavours, it's physics, nature, gods will (call it what you like). Irrespective of mans existence, the phenomenon exists or it doesn't. (It doesn't).
5.7 on test.
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2019-08-26 22:29

mattg wrote:
2019-08-26 15:25
jim.bus wrote:
2019-08-26 14:35
Alpha Centauri system, Proxima Centauri

Alpha Centauri system is the 'pointers' to the Southern Cross - the great constellation of the southern hemisphere.
Proxima Centauri can't be seen with human eyes, but Alpha Centauri and Beta Centauri are clearly visible even through the brightest light pollution.
Actually according to the last time I look this up earlier this year or late last year. While Proxima Centauri I know used to be considered one Star of the Trinary Star Alpha Centauri and I believe it was also Beta Centauri as the second star, what I found now was references to Proxima Centauri as being a separate Star in itself and actually Proxima Centauri is a little over 2 Light Years closer to Sol System hence the term Proxima in the name.

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2019-08-26 22:57

jimimaseye wrote:
2019-08-26 20:55
palinka wrote:
2019-08-26 19:10
Man will never fly.
Feats of mankind - effort of mankind required.

'Bending' space. Worm holes - it's nothing to do with mans endeavours, it's physics, nature, gods will (call it what you like). Irrespective of mans existence, the phenomenon exists or it doesn't. (It doesn't).
The research on Faster Than Light I cited is based on scientists and the Physics they are researching on the matter. And the methods I cited didn't bend space. It maybe Warps Space or creates a Wave in space to carry a vessel to a given point. For the longest time Black Holes were only a theoretical concept but recently a picture of a Black Hole was actually obtained. So something (Black Holes) which were predicted by Physics research was finally proved to actually exist.

What I read indicated the math for this had already been done or enough done to indicate this was plausible. Many years ago I also heard of another line of research done for which I cannot find that article anymore but it stated in a similar manner that we could effectively go Faster Than Light. The method was to create a field of I believe some kind of Electromagnetic Fields which in effect enclosed an object. The electromagnetic field enclosed an area of space time which was essentially the same as the other universes in space only it was on a much smaller scale. Physics indicated that Universes can travel faster than the speed of light whereas objects inside a Universe cannot. The theory was that an object inside this artificial small 'Universe' could therefore effectively travel faster than light by the artificial universe moving to a given point in the normal universe. Einstein's rule about Faster Than Light travel was not violated because the object inside the artificial small universe never in itself went faster than the speed of light. This is much like a fly inside a car. A fly cannot travel at 60 miles per hour but inside the car the fly can buzz around at a relative low speed but in terms of how far the car traveled in a given period of time, the fly got to the same place the card did while not actually propelling itself at 60 miles per hour. The people doing this research supposedly actually built a mechanism to create this artificial small universe and moved a spec of matter something like a centimeter or so to prove the propulsion could actually be done. The only problem again was they didn't have a power source great enough to propel the artificial small universe at the speeds necessary.

I am anticipating that at some point probably not in our foreseeable future we will have discovered Faster Than Light Travel. In order for the human race to survive if it can survive to the time that Sol goes Supernova will need to find some place to live other than Earth. Unless the human race can make the outer planets habitable the human race's only choice is to move to other star systems. Getting there at speeds limited to less than the speed of light do not seem practical to me. Someway to get to other Star Systems at a speed effectively Faster Than the Speed of Light is needed. Note I use the term effective to refer to the time it takes to get from Point A to Point B not the actual speed in our universe you will be traveling at.

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2019-08-26 23:05

jimimaseye wrote:
2019-08-26 17:48
I wasn't taking about the Sun as that is already reachable by probes currently hurtling towards it. I was talking about the next star that would be responsible for sustaining life on near by planets (as ours does) alpha centauri (as matt correctly identified) being the next (closest) one.

I knew what you were referring to but one must be precise in one's language because this is how one loses when appearing on the TV Game Show Jeopardy. And along those lines Alpha Centauri is not the closest next star as I indicated in an earlier Reply to a Post. Proxima Centauri as Matt referenced is actually the closest next star to us but that still doesn't guarantee there are habitable planets there.

See I did tell you I was giving you 'Nit' Trivia. I love to nitpick and have fun with it.

mattg

Post by mattg » 2019-08-26 23:50

jim.bus wrote:
2019-08-26 22:29
Actually according to the last time I look this up earlier this year or late last year. While Proxima Centauri I know used to be considered one Star of the Trinary Star Alpha Centauri and I believe it was also Beta Centauri as the second star, what I found now was references to Proxima Centauri as being a separate Star in itself and actually Proxima Centauri is a little over 2 Light Years closer to Sol System hence the term Proxima in the name.
Alpha Centauri and Beta Centauri are each distinct trinary stars clusters and are both clearly visible to the naked eye appearing as single stars.
Proxima Centauri is a distinct star (near the other two) that is not visible to the naked human eye
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.

katip
Senior user
Senior user

Post by katip » 2019-08-27 08:12

jim.bus wrote:
2019-08-26 22:57
What I read indicated the math for this had already been done or enough done to indicate this was plausible. Many years ago I also heard of another line of research done for which I cannot find that article anymore but it stated in a similar manner that we could effectively go Faster Than Light. The method was to create a field of I believe some kind of Electromagnetic Fields which in effect enclosed an object. The electromagnetic field enclosed an area of space time which was essentially the same as the other universes in space only it was on a much smaller scale. Physics indicated that Universes can travel faster than the speed of light whereas objects inside a Universe cannot. The theory was that an object inside this artificial small 'Universe' could therefore effectively travel faster than light by the artificial universe moving to a given point in the normal universe. Einstein's rule about Faster Than Light travel was not violated because the object inside the artificial small universe never in itself went faster than the speed of light. This is much like a fly inside a car. A fly cannot travel at 60 miles per hour but inside the car the fly can buzz around at a relative low speed but in terms of how far the car traveled in a given period of time, the fly got to the same place the card did while not actually propelling itself at 60 miles per hour. The people doing this research supposedly actually built a mechanism to create this artificial small universe and moved a spec of matter something like a centimeter or so to prove the propulsion could actually be done. The only problem again was they didn't have a power source great enough to propel the artificial small universe at the speeds necessary.
probably you're referring to the theory of that Mexican guy. and the other prof from Uni of Washington suggests that we don't have any idea how to generate and manage required amount of energy - which would have to be in planet-scale!! - to produce this kinds of fields, warps... whatever you name it, nonetheless the theory looks arguable.
(my post on previous page & https://www.npl.washington.edu/AV/altvw81.html)

let's say it may be possible one day...
then again, it's not clear to me how to abstract this mini-universe (which inevitably would be produced with "our" universe's matter/energy) from our universe and it's laws. let alone physics theory, this contradicts elementary rules of human logic. there are even thoughts about communication packed in such "warps" to keep contact to Earth (or "base" wherever it is) instant or in reasonable lags. too much Star Trek?
BTW your "fly in the car" is not a good model. sum of speeds cannot be FTL (see Special Realtivity). but ok, Special Relativity goes to trash can in this case :P

OTOH,
a 1g accelerated spaceship would eliminate gravity problem for it's passengers and reach quite relativistic speeds in a few months. staff will have enough time to travel in a comfortable environment any far, based on how close their speed approaches "c" and how far their propulsion can maintain 1g acceleration against relativistic mass increase. pure technical and engineering questions, no SciFi. to me this looks a more realistic path to go than playing God and dreaming of own produced universes, matters, times and laws.

even if there were universes which move in unrestricted speeds relative to each other with their own laws, this shouldn't be a subject of natural sciences but religion or philosophy. i know people who believe in astral trip to x distance in zero time. so what?
Katip
--

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2019-08-27 11:06

katip wrote:
2019-08-27 08:12
jim.bus wrote:
2019-08-26 22:57
probably you're referring to the theory of that Mexican guy. and the other prof from Uni of Washington suggests that we don't have any idea how to generate and manage required amount of energy - which would have to be in planet-scale!! - to produce this kinds of fields, warps... whatever you name it, nonetheless the theory looks arguable.
(my post on previous page & https://www.npl.washington.edu/AV/altvw81.html)

let's say it may be possible one day...
then again, it's not clear to me how to abstract this mini-universe (which inevitably would be produced with "our" universe's matter/energy) from our universe and it's laws. let alone physics theory, this contradicts elementary rules of human logic. there are even thoughts about communication packed in such "warps" to keep contact to Earth (or "base" wherever it is) instant or in reasonable lags. too much Star Trek?
BTW your "fly in the car" is not a good model. sum of speeds cannot be FTL (see Special Realtivity). but ok, Special Relativity goes to trash can in this case :P

OTOH,
a 1g accelerated spaceship would eliminate gravity problem for it's passengers and reach quite relativistic speeds in a few months. staff will have enough time to travel in a comfortable environment any far, based on how close their speed approaches "c" and how far their propulsion can maintain 1g acceleration against relativistic mass increase. pure technical and engineering questions, no SciFi. to me this looks a more realistic path to go than playing God and dreaming of own produced universes, matters, times and laws.

even if there were universes which move in unrestricted speeds relative to each other with their own laws, this shouldn't be a subject of natural sciences but religion or philosophy. i know people who believe in astral trip to x distance in zero time. so what?
Here is an article (unfortunately not directly from NASA or a scientist) which basically describes one of the methods I was referring to. Namely a vessel pulling space in towards it and pushing space away behind it. This basically news article explains the theory a little better than I did but it is basically what I read on one of the theorized methods to accomplish Faster Than Light Travel. And do note that the theory is that the vessel does not move Faster Than Light in Space but rather Space Is Moving Faster Than Light and carrying the vessel along with it.

https://www.iflscience.com/space/nasa-r ... p-designs/

There are articles out on the Internet which describe how multiple universes may exist because at the time of the Big Bang space was expanding at Faster Than Light and slower portions (I believe was what it said would form bubbles which would become the various universes. I believe I read in one of the articles that experiments or measurements had been taken which showed how space did expand Faster Than Light but objects in space did not move Faster Than Light. None of the research says we will have Faster Than Light travel in our lifetime but it lends credence to the possibility of it happening in the future.

As to your comment about a 1G accelerated ship. This is known as a constant boost ship and I have read articles many years ago about such types of travel. Supposedly there was project in California working on a Constant Boost Plasma propelled ship which when finally developed would be able to make the trip to Mars in a day. This type of drive might also be referred to as Ion. The ship could not be launched from Earth though because the Ion drive would have to be initiated in space so the ship would have to reach space using conventional rocket propulsion. Then the problem was the Ion drive would reach temperatures which would melt/incinerate any spaceship so they had to develop a technique out of Star Trek which would contain the Plasma reaction in a Magnetic Field so that the Plasma never came into contact with the material of the ship keeping the ship from being incinerated. A constant Boost ship can reach speeds far greater than conventional rockets as basically a conventional rocket must use a Ballistic orbital path and basically coast most of the way because not enough fuel can be carried to make the trip with Constant Boost with Conventional Rockets. I believe in theory such a spaceship could also be conceivable for interstellar travel but in order to make it doable I believe you would have to get up to a fairly high percentage of the speed of light. The Time Dilation would then mean that while physically you wouldn't age with the spaceship drastically during the voyage but relative to conventional speeds in space you would have taken an incredibly long time to make your interstellar voyage. So if you were to return to Earth let us say anybody you would have know when you left would either have aged greatly or be dead depending on how far you traveled at near light speed. This is not a very practical way to travel interstellar voyages if you plan to ever return home to familiar surroundings since what you knew would be long gone by the time you returned. If it is a one way trip then maybe it could be used as a means to colonize another planet.

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2019-08-27 11:25

So I guess all of you are betting on Tony Stark returning from an alternative universe sometime soon? :mrgreen:
SørenR.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2019-08-27 14:01

SorenR wrote:
2019-08-27 11:25
So I guess all of you are betting on Tony Stark returning from an alternative universe sometime soon? :mrgreen:
Not me. On account that neither exist.

'Maybes' and 'coulds' are the dreams of fiction authors. What's the difference between Marvel comics and these scientists? Marvel isn't deluded - they know they have invented and don't try to claim things as fact.
5.7 on test.

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2019-08-27 14:25

Don't mock Sci-Fi, they tend to have some degree of foresight ...
Children growing up in the early 1900s would have been familiar with the Tom Swift series of books. In the books, the main character Tom Swift made use of a stun gun. When NASA physicist Jack Clover invented the taser, he gave it that name as a nod to the series. TASER actually stands for “Thomas A. Swift’s Electric Rifle.”
While several movies and TV shows predicted the touchscreen interface, the film Minority Report was most accurate in predicting how universal touch technology would become. In 2013, researchers at the University of Bristol announced “ultrahaptic” technology, which allows for touchscreen technology without the touching—just like in the movie.
In 1945, Arthur C. Clarke wrote a manuscript called The Space Station: Its Radio Applications. In it, he speculated that geosynchronous satellites would be used for telecommunications relays, and most notably, television signals. This was long before broadcast television was a commercial issue.
In 2017, smart watches are becoming more commonplace, but a version of the smart watch first made an appearance in The Jetsons cartoon back in 1962. Elroy’s friend had a watch that he could use to watch the latest episode of The Flinstones, and the screen was full-color.
SørenR.

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Post by palinka » 2019-08-27 15:52

Don't forget Dick Tracy's watch. That predates the Jetsons by a couple of decades. And Jules Verne. And...

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2019-08-27 18:11

All technology - all reliant on effort of man and innovation.

No one has yet managed to defy (or invent) physics though.
5.7 on test.

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Post by palinka » 2019-08-27 18:56

jimimaseye wrote:
2019-08-27 18:11
All technology - all reliant on effort of man and innovation.

No one has yet managed to defy (or invent) physics though.
Quantum physics is still in an infant stage just barely sitting up and saying goo goo gaa gaa at the moment.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2019-08-27 19:26

palinka wrote:
2019-08-27 18:56
Quantum physics is still in an infant stage just barely sitting up and saying goo goo gaa gaa at the moment.
Maybe. Maybe not. The thing about not having discovered something is your don't know if it is there to be discovered or not. Until you do discover it, it's guess work (to which you hope you don't end up feeling foolish when somebody proves it can't.)

Can't invent worm holes though. Or find them. Or "suck in space" (that doesn't exist).

Save your money, spend it on something closer to home.
5.7 on test.

katip
Senior user
Senior user

Post by katip » 2019-08-27 19:37

jimimaseye wrote:
2019-08-27 14:01
What's the difference between Marvel comics and these scientists?
they fancy up their fantasies with scientific terminology garbage and some (unapplicable) mathematics.
i read once there are adult folks in USA who believe that Star Wars is real (as if we're done with wars on earth).
perception engineering is "the science of sciences" in post-modern era. it's current conversion rate to cash is unseen in history.
Katip
--

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2019-08-27 21:09

katip wrote:
2019-08-27 19:37
jimimaseye wrote:
2019-08-27 14:01
What's the difference between Marvel comics and these scientists?
they fancy up their fantasies with scientific terminology garbage and some (unapplicable) mathematics.
i read once there are adult folks in USA who believe that Star Wars is real (as if we're done with wars on earth).
perception engineering is "the science of sciences" in post-modern era. it's current conversion rate to cash is unseen in history.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNqNnUJVcVs Spooky ... or not ? :mrgreen:
SørenR.

mattg

Post by mattg » 2019-08-28 00:16

jimimaseye wrote:
2019-08-27 19:26
Can't invent worm holes though. Or find them. Or "suck in space" (that doesn't exist).

One thing is for sure, if you don't look, you'll never find it.

Dinosaurs were completely unknown prior to 1819, and yet...

What occurred first the institution of Cambridge University or the Aztec Empire? and the Aztec empire was 'discovered' long after it failed..

katip
Senior user
Senior user

Post by katip » 2019-08-28 08:02

SorenR wrote:
2019-08-27 21:09
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNqNnUJVcVs Spooky ... or not ? :mrgreen:
rather sophistry :lol:
but yet another subliminal injection:
1. in fact, nothing is real. there is no absolute truth. => be nihilist
2. so, anything goes. live your life. enjoy the moment. => consume
3. and have an eye on your amazing phone. stay tuned. => keep sleeping

+27M times watched, +15K comments. who lines the pocket you think?
Katip
--

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2019-08-28 09:04

mattg wrote:
2019-08-28 00:16
jimimaseye wrote:
2019-08-27 19:26

One thing is for sure, if you don't look, you'll never find it.

Dinosaurs were completely unknown prior to 1819, and yet...

What occurred first the institution of Cambridge University or the Aztec Empire? and the Aztec empire was 'discovered' long after it failed..
Indeed. And there is an argument that as they occurred on Earth it might have affected us in some way so we should pay attention and learn anything that is to be learnt relating to them. (Plus it gives the archeologists a hobby).

Looking for (and spending money on) looking for celestial phenonenom will not make a jot of difference to mankind.

Spend the money on removing protectionist Presidents (and their denials) and save the planet we live on now. (Brazil forest, anyone?)

(ooh look, back to thread topic). :mrgreen:
5.7 on test.

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2019-08-28 13:44

As far as inventing Physics, well there was a time Physics didn't exist as far as man was concerned. Physics was invented by man in that the people who invented Physics observed and through experimentation discovered certain aspects of the universe and 'invented physics' to describe their observations. And in fact Physics is still not clearly defined as for instance there is what is called Newtonian Physics but Einstein showed later that Newtonian Physics did not entirely explain everything and fell apart when velocities of objects approached the speed of light and Einstein Theory of Relativity then became the bible of Physics and Newtonian Physics is a subset of Einsteinian Physics or only holds true under special conditions compared to the conditions Einsteinian Physics describes. We also have other branches of Physics such as Quantum Physics and String Theory which apparently haven't been fully determined if these theories are valid yet. So one could say that Physics was invented to describe observations of characteristics of the Universe.

As far as sucking in space that doesn't exist. As I stated in a prior post up until recently Black Holes were mathematical/Physics theory. There were predicted to exist. But recently a Black Hole was photographed apparently proving the existence of Black Holes. And a Black Hole precisely does 'suck up space'. Physics does define space as a real thing. It is not just emptiness. It is referred to as the fabric of space. Space can be warped by gravity which is detectable with Black Holes. Gravity is so strong at a Black Hole that it curves or bends space.

Science Fiction authors have long described fictional things which have later become reality or inspired other inventions. The Star Trek:The Original Series (TOS) inspired the invention of the cell phone. Concepts of Warp Drive in Star Trek are strangely familiar to scientific projects to discover how to travel faster than light. Again the secret about traveling Faster Than Light as some of the theories are going is that you don't physically go faster than light in space but you manipulate or warp space (for lack of a better word) to have space carry the vessel to a destination. Space can move Faster Than Light and so the vessel can be carried to its destination along with the wave thus preserving Einsteins law that nothing can Faster Than Light in Space.

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Post by SorenR » 2019-08-28 16:53

Who said emailservers and their theory is not rocket science :?: :mrgreen:
SørenR.

katip
Senior user
Senior user

Post by katip » 2019-08-28 19:23

SorenR wrote:
2019-08-28 16:53
Who said emailservers and their theory is not rocket science :?: :mrgreen:
yup!
full story here : https://www.engadget.com/2019/02/02/the ... l-backlog/
rocketmail.png
Katip
--

jim.bus
Senior user
Senior user

Post by jim.bus » 2019-10-12 06:59

mattg wrote:
2019-08-26 23:50
jim.bus wrote:
2019-08-26 22:29
Alpha Centauri and Beta Centauri are each distinct trinary stars clusters and are both clearly visible to the naked eye appearing as single stars.
Proxima Centauri is a distinct star (near the other two) that is not visible to the naked human eye
I researched again the nature of Alpha, Beta, Proxima Centaury trinary star system. When I was in grade school it was Alpha Centauri was stated to be a trinary star consisting of Alpha, Beta, and Proxima. Recently probably a few years ago I started seeing information on the star system which spoke of Alpha Centauri being a Binary Star System and Proxima was spoken of separately as though not a part of the trinary system. On my research just now, I find references to them being a Trinary Star and the spoken of being a Binary Star with Proxima referenced separately. But all int the same article they then indicated it was found to actually be a Trinary star once again. If I read correctly Proxima seemed to be referenced separately because it was thought to be gravitationally bound to Alpha and Beta but a couple of years ago it was found to be bound to Alpha and Beta which apparently why the star system is being called a Trinary Star system.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2019-10-12 09:44

Fascinating.
5.7 on test.