Windows Webmail Server for hMailServer?

Forum for things that doesn't really have anything to do with hMailServer. Such as php.ini, beer, etc etc.
BestGear
New user
New user

Windows Webmail Server for hMailServer?

Post by BestGear » 2014-09-29 09:35

Hi Guys

Installed hMailServer a few days ago and am very impressed how "transparent" it is to setup and operate...love it!

I need to get a webmail server up - what are folks using to provide webmail in front of hMailServer on a windows platform?

I have found several on linux, but really want to stay on windows.

Any help and pointers are very much appreciated!

David

Hazark
New user
New user

Re: Windows Webmail Server for hMailServer?

Post by Hazark » 2014-09-29 10:51

There is no webmail "server", webmail systems are applications which runs on web servers.

You can use AfterLogic or Roundcube for example. Note that you will need a working web server installation to begin with.

percepts
Senior user
Senior user

Post by percepts » 2014-09-29 13:17

people use either MS IIS which is probably already installed on your server or they use WAMP.

If you use IIS then make sure you use Microsofts own release of PHP if you want to run Rouncube or SquirrelMail or one of the other webmail solutions.

If you want to run hMail PHPWebAdmin then the webserver must be on same box as hMailserver.

Note: We do not provide support for other peoples software. i.e. goto the help forums for their software.

BestGear
New user
New user

Post by BestGear » 2014-09-30 11:40

Hazark wrote:There is no webmail "server", webmail systems are applications which runs on web servers.

You can use AfterLogic or Roundcube for example. Note that you will need a working web server installation to begin with.

Thanks - I had not realised that Roundcube on windows was possible....

I will have a look at Afterlogic - thanks.

David

BestGear
New user
New user

Post by BestGear » 2014-09-30 11:44

percepts wrote:people use either MS IIS which is probably already installed on your server or they use WAMP.

If you use IIS then make sure you use Microsofts own release of PHP if you want to run Rouncube or SquirrelMail or one of the other webmail solutions.

If you want to run hMail PHPWebAdmin then the webserver must be on same box as hMailserver.

Note: We do not provide support for other peoples software. i.e. goto the help forums for their software.

Thanks - I dont have IIS on there at the minute, but its no problem to do so.

I guess I need to see what dependencies Roundcube has over PHP... sure there will be a few!

I had forgotten about squirrelmail - I had a play with it back in the very early 2000's - it will be interesting to see where it went.

Understand re support - I just wanted a toe in the water to see what others were using and happy with.

David

mattg

Post by mattg » 2014-09-30 12:15

I use NasMail, sort of a squirrelmail branch.

http://www.nasmail.org/
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

DanielFitzherbert
New user
New user

Post by DanielFitzherbert » 2015-03-19 10:10

I have been using IIS but to configure it was a critical task but this information helps me a lot ... :)

danswartz
Normal user
Normal user

Post by danswartz » 2015-03-19 19:07

I am running bitnami wampstack with roundcube module. So mysql+apache+php+roundcube, and it 'just worked' :)