Help me, please find the e-mail client that supports databas

Forum for things that doesn't really have anything to do with hMailServer. Such as php.ini, beer, etc etc.
ShootNik
New user
New user

Help me, please find the e-mail client that supports databas

Post by ShootNik » 2009-05-16 16:04

Help me, please find the e-mail client that supports databases such as mssql:
For optimal performance, hMailServer uses a database server for data storage - MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL, depending on your choice.

^DooM^
Site Admin

Re: Help me, please find the e-mail client that supports databas

Post by ^DooM^ » 2009-05-17 01:18

email client?
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

ShootNik
New user
New user

Post by ShootNik » 2009-05-17 12:32

^DooM^ wrote:email client?
Yes, Outlook express, Mozilla Thunderbird, The Bat, etc. But I need that data would be stored not in its own database. Must be backed up via a slow internet connection, a bases file ~ 40Gb..

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2009-05-17 12:51

I do not know of any email clients that use an SQL database to store data, you will have to google it for yourself

mattg

Post by mattg » 2009-05-17 13:55

My question is why did you include this quote?
ShootNik wrote:
For optimal performance, hMailServer uses a database server for data storage - MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server or PostgreSQL, depending on your choice.
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

ShootNik
New user
New user

Post by ShootNik » 2009-05-18 15:04

I am looking for a client, stores the data as hMailServer, hence this quotation.
Already asked Google - nothing.
I'm not very well speak in English... no fault to the construction of phrases.

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2009-05-18 15:07

^DooM^ wrote:I do not know of any email clients that use an SQL database to store data, you will have to google it for yourself
ShootNik wrote:Already asked Google - nothing.
Than use a different search client. If you still get nothing then maybe they do not exist.

Why do you want to store the emails in an SQL database? What is wrong with leaving the emails on the server and using IMAP to connect to hMail?

black zero
Normal user
Normal user

Post by black zero » 2009-05-25 05:20

Possibly unrelated but..

From my experience, Outlook 6 storage capabilities is really terrible. It can not store and maintain properly an inbox sized more than 2-3 GB. It gets corrupted every time and then... I had encountered this many times on my clients pc. It's because they don't delete their old emails, and keep it forever... When the email was gone, they started complaining at me.

Because of it, I tried switching few to Outlook office and the majority to Thunderbird. Outlook Office is more reliable than its counterpart -Outlook 6, but chkpst can be very annoying sometimes. Clients that had switched said they're satisfied with this Outlook (actually they're executives, so I didn't install Thunderbird for them...). As for Thunderbird, it comes with free support and constant updates (that's why I picked it for my regular clients), and many of my clients are starting to love this program because of bottom quote feature it has... :D When I offered them to switch to Microsoft Outlook , they refused.

Moral of this story: don't use Microsoft email clients, use Mozilla Thunderbird instead. -_- I am not promoting the latter but I only speak the truth.