probably a stupid question...

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
Erik

probably a stupid question...

Post by Erik » 2004-09-18 15:36

... but the maiclient I want to use asks, off course, for a pop3- and smtp server... What the fart do I enter to be able to connect?

:oops:

layer
Normal user
Normal user

Post by layer » 2004-09-18 16:37

:shock:

what is the domain you are using whith hmailserver ?

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2004-09-19 17:51

You should enter the host name where you run hMailServer. Localhost if it's running on the local computer. As username you should enter your full email address including the domain name.

scouser
New user
New user

what is the public host name ?

Post by scouser » 2005-01-27 00:51

I have set up the prog as much as I can fathom ? Yet I have to insert a public host name into the smtp section. As you may have guessed I am a noob so please bare with me....
What is the public host name? I am trying to set up a server for brainxtc.com if that is any help ?
I have entered an mx record I think in zoneedit.com and also added my regular outer ip number to the A record for the mail.brainxtc.com in their panel and yet outlook has no ease finding the pop3 or smtp ?

I hope someone will take the time to drop me a quick line. :-)