"You do not have access to this property / method"

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
vpiscitelli
New user
New user

"You do not have access to this property / method"

Post by vpiscitelli » 2006-11-13 00:18

Just upgraded to hMailServer 4.3 - Build 246 from hMailServer 4.2.2 - Build 199. Copied the phpWebAdmin folder. Now, when I tried to log in using my email address and password (this worked before) I get this.

Code: Select all

Warning: (null)(): Invoke() failed: Exception occurred. Source: hMailServer COM library Description: You do not have access to this property / method. Ensure that hMailServer.Application.Authenticate() is called with proper login credentials. in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\<my domain>.com\html\phpWebAdmin\login.php on line 77

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\<my domain>.com\html\phpWebAdmin\login.php on line 78
I saw the post [HMS 4.3] Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'com_exception' but I am using Apache on 2003 Server and have copied the folder over.

Any ideas??
Last edited by vpiscitelli on 2006-11-13 00:38, edited 1 time in total.

^DooM^
Site Admin

Re: "You do not have access to this property / method&q

Post by ^DooM^ » 2006-11-13 00:29

vpiscitelli wrote:Just upgraded to hMailServer 4.2.2 - Build 199 from hMailServer 4.3 - Build 246. Copied the phpWebAdmin folder. Now, when I tried to log in using my email address and password (this worked before) I get this.
You mean you have upgraded TO 4.3 from 4.2.2?

If so take a look at this.

http://www.hmailserver.com/documentatio ... hpwebadmin
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

cveillon
Normal user
Normal user

Post by cveillon » 2006-11-13 00:29

hMailServer 4.4.1-B273 Built-in MySQL
3 ea prod mx servers on XP Home, 1 ea on Win2k

vpiscitelli
New user
New user

Post by vpiscitelli » 2006-11-13 00:41

^DooM^ - I did go through the install doc and have everything configured as specified in the doc. Never touched DCOM permissions as I am not using IIS but Apache.

cveillon - The solution in that post was that he forgot to copy the newest phpWebAdmin folder. I have done that.

cveillon
Normal user
Normal user

Post by cveillon » 2006-11-13 23:53

Very strange. :roll:

I would double check these steps (excerpt from docs - thanks Doom) being very careful for mistyping:

# The file config.php contains the basic settings for PHPWebAdmin and needs to be modified to correctly adjust it for your system:

* Set the value of rootpath to your root web directory where PHPWebAdmin is placed.
Example:
$hmail_config['rootpath'] = "C:/wwwroot/PHPWebAdmin/";

* Set the value of rooturl to the URL where the PHPWebAdmin will be located.
Example:
$hmail_config['rooturl'] = "http://localhost/PHPWebAdmin/";

* Specify your username and password (hMailServer 3.x).
Example:
$hmail_config['admin'] = "administrator";
$hmail_config['adminpassword'] = "mysecretpassword";

# Open up php.ini, and make sure that short_open_tag is set to On

Hope this helps. :)

Chuck
hMailServer 4.4.1-B273 Built-in MySQL
3 ea prod mx servers on XP Home, 1 ea on Win2k