[Very important] Mail transfer

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
ran_hery
New user
New user

[Very important] Mail transfer

Post by ran_hery » 2006-08-25 12:29

Hi everybody!!!

I have not yet installed hmailserver but I have choosen to use it. First I would like to ask if hmailserver can do something. If I have some users on my mailserver : user1@domain.com, user2@domain.com, user3@domain.com, central@domain.com and someone with the email adress someone@society.com has sent an email to user1@domain.com. I would like the mailserver redirect the email to central and user1 not to receive it. After it is central who dispatch the email to user1.

It is the same if user1 send a mail to someone-else@mail.com. The mailserver does not immediatly send the email but redirect it to central and it's central who send the email to someone-else@mail.com.

How can I do that with hmailserver ?

Thanks for your help.

Bye.

cveillon
Normal user
Normal user

Post by cveillon » 2006-08-25 15:34

I'm not an hMailserver expert, but you are allowed to set rules at the global and user level. You could write a rule that would specify forwarding any message from 'someone@society.com' to 'central.' Then 'central' would manually forward the email to 'user1.'

Hope that was helpful. :roll:

Chuck
hMailServer 4.4.1-B273 Built-in MySQL
3 ea prod mx servers on XP Home, 1 ea on Win2k

ran_hery
New user
New user

Post by ran_hery » 2006-08-26 09:22

Thank you for your answer.

I will try it later. I only wanted to make sure that hmailserver can do that before beginning to use it. I will post a forum if I won't know how to make that rule.

Good bye.

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2006-08-26 10:39

Or you could read the documentation and try to figure it out. :)