HMS Future

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
R81
New user
New user

HMS Future

Post by R81 » 2019-06-11 17:11

Hi All,

What does the future hold for this fantastic application?

I run a small hosting business and HMS fits perfectly into the environment but I see varying comments about the continuation of it, mainly from this: https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewt ... =7&t=33995

I have seen the LTS and HCM releases but am not 100% sure on the details - I understand that the LTS is support only, no new features but does that mean that he HCM is a continuing project.

I am no developer but am more than happy to contribute in the testing of future builds if it helps to keep this project alive!

What is the deal?

Thanks

Ric

Dravion
Senior user
Senior user

Re: HMS Future

Post by Dravion » 2019-06-11 19:57

Its HCD not HCM.

The Rest is correct. LTS is for fixes and support only, HCD brings Features and Changes (for example LibreSSL instead of OpenSSL 1.1.x support ect),
MS-SQL CE removed and SQLLite added instead, Linux and Mac Support, a new Scriting Language and and a Reworked Admin Client based on QT.

R81
New user
New user

Re: HMS Future

Post by R81 » 2019-06-11 21:10

Thanks Dravion.

Not sure why I typed HCM as I got the info from your signatures!

So HCD is still under development, multi platform (Inc. Still windows) with mysql/MariaDB backend - no signs of dropping windows is there? Probably my biggest concern.

Is there an installer for HCD?

Thanks