Reply to forwarded mail.

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
rjung
New user
New user

Reply to forwarded mail.

Post by rjung » 2019-05-20 21:40

Hello, i have a probllem with forwarding. I want control my mail on the hmailserver via gmail. Sending via gmail working.
But i have probllem with receiving messages. I have set forwarding (Keep original message - checked) to my gmail it´s work but when i want reply to forwarded mail via gmail its replying to my hmailserver not to sender.

Here is example...:

Sombody send mail to my hmailserver - john@gmail.com TO jack@mydomain.cz

Hmailserver forwarded to my gmail - Message from john@gmail.com TO jack@mydomail.cz IS FORWARDED TO mygmail@gmail.com

In my mygmail@gmail.com i see message from john@gmail.com i click to reply on this mail and its replying to jack@mydomain.com

Why doesn't it replaying to john@gmail.com. - I see correct sender but when i clicked reply its replaying to hmailserver.

Thank you for help.

palinka
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Reply to forwarded mail.

Post by palinka » 2019-05-20 22:55

Gmail is replying to the sender. You become the sender when forwarding.

mattg

Re: Reply to forwarded mail.

Post by mattg » 2019-05-21 04:56

What version of hMailserver?
Can you please show your hMailserver.ini (with passwords removed)
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation