Bonus Message Loop if user has invalid email in forward setting

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
mk2005
New user
New user

Bonus Message Loop if user has invalid email in forward setting

Post by mk2005 » 2019-05-20 12:57

Hello
first thanks you all for this amazing mail Server, i am using it from 3 months ago and i am very happy with performance and stability

but i face problem i know it's not hmailserver problem , it's user problem but i need help on it if we can prevent it from happening

one User had added invalid "Hotmail" email address in Forward setting when he get email in his mailbox the forward setting is activated and send a copy to the invalid email and because that email is invalid hotmail account , hotmail send bonus message back to the user say the email you send email to it is non exist

once the user receive the bonus email it treat it as normal email and the forward setting is activated and forward a copy from the bonus email back to Hotmail and the Loop cycle will be happen without end

is there are any Global Rule on Hmailserver to stop Forwarding Bonus Email or is there are anything ,i can set to prevent this behavior from happen
like validate email on forward setting before activate forward setting

Thanks

mattg

Re: Bonus Message Loop if user has invalid email in forward setting

Post by mattg » 2019-05-20 13:14

mk2005 wrote:
2019-05-20 12:57
is there are any Global Rule on Hmailserver to stop Forwarding Bonus Email
You can catch all messages from a daemon with a global rule
I normally do just so that I get a copy of it, not to delete them

If FROM contains 'mailer-daemon' THEN...
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

mk2005
New user
New user

Re: Bonus Message Loop if user has invalid email in forward setting

Post by mk2005 » 2019-05-24 17:19

Hi Mattg,

thanks for your replay
can you help me to set Global Rule to have condition like
if this is Bounce email and this Bounce Email are forwarding To another Email then Delete it
or Exclude Bounce email from Forward Setting like if user have enable the Forward setting to another email, it exclude the Bounce email from this Forward Rule

Thanks