Your mailbox is already locked

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
karishma
New user
New user

Your mailbox is already locked

Post by karishma » 2016-10-20 07:15

I am running hmailserver 5.4.2 on windows server 2008. One of our email is used by multi-users over their outlook client, we have noticed the below error at some times:
Receiving error reported. Your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another email message is being devliered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded: -ERR Your mailbox is already locked.
Does this mean hmailserver does not allow multi-users logging into the same email ID? Is there a workaround?

mattg

Re: Your mailbox is already locked

Post by mattg » 2016-10-20 07:28

That is a limitation of the POP protocol not of hMailserver
If you 'need' simultaneous access then you should use IMAP, and preferably IMAP public folders
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

karishma
New user
New user

Post by karishma » 2016-10-20 08:22

Even our previous usage (from other email provider was POP3) had no issues with simultaneous access.
How is IMAP public folder?

mattg

Post by mattg » 2016-10-20 09:38

IMAP is alternative to pop3

Public folders is IMAP folders where access is designed with multiple users simultaneously accessing the same mail folders
karishma wrote:Even our previous usage (from other email provider was POP3) had no issues with simultaneous access.
Does your user notice any issues, or just that you notice the line in the logs?
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

karishma
New user
New user

Post by karishma » 2016-10-24 05:09

my user noticed the error msg while trying to access the shared email ID... thats how i know, otherwise no other additional issues