Better documentation for Multiple servers?

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
itsmesri
Normal user
Normal user

Better documentation for Multiple servers?

Post by itsmesri » 2016-10-14 20:53

Till now I could not find right documentation for creating multiple servers or creating cluster environment for hmailserver like application configuration , database configuration, syncing servers. Please help me to make it happen.

mattg

Re: Better documentation for Multiple servers?

Post by mattg » 2016-10-15 01:15

Clustering of servers is NOT supported with hMailsevrer

If you want clustering use Operating System level clustering

You can only have one hMailserver instance per Operating system because of the way that hMailserver uses DCOM. You CAN NOT run multiple instances of hMailserver on a single operating system.
Look into virtualisation
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

itsmesri
Normal user
Normal user

Post by itsmesri » 2016-10-16 06:29

Is it possible run hmailserver on two servers with same domain and sync both servers?

mattg

Post by mattg » 2016-10-16 07:16

It is not supported
mattg wrote:Clustering of servers is NOT supported with hMailsevrer
It has been done, you can use a SAN and separate machine to host the database, and have both hmailservers point to the same database. People who do this normally have for normal mail, and a second for sending mass email outs

Trouble is some stuff is cached, and so if accounts or domains change then the servers need to be restarted
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation