manually triggering rules ...

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
sbouli
Normal user
Normal user

manually triggering rules ...

Post by sbouli » 2015-11-09 17:38

Hi,

I am facing a problem with rules ...
My colleague setup an account with 16 rules, the last one DELETE the mail
so if one of the preceding rules match, it will forward the mail to the correct working mailbox, if not ... it will be deleted.

the problem is that, some mail don't get deleted ... and the box keep GROWING insanely ;) ....

So first, I need a way to replay the rules on the inbox (or part of it) ... since I didn't found a way, I started to setup a temporary box with the same rules and was thinking to manually forward emails from the first box to the new one ... BUT ... I don't pop this boxes, I was expecting some forward key in the hmailserver admnistrator ... but none ...

So back to first idea, can I tell hmailserver to play the ruleset on the first 1000 mails for exemple ?

Thanks for your help ...

Stéphane

jimimaseye

Re: manually triggering rules ...

Post by jimimaseye » 2015-11-09 18:15

sbouli wrote:So back to first idea, can I tell hmailserver to play the ruleset on the first 1000 mails for exemple ?
No

You cannot "rerun" rules on existing 'delivered' emails. In these situations I use a client (such as Thunderbird), replicate the rules, and then do a 'MANUAL RUN' with that.

If you want help with the Rule definitions, though, do feel free to list them here, in the order they appear, and with the criteria clear. (sont forget to state whether they are GLOBAL or ACCOUNT level rules)
5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829