Cant create install database mysql , 2 days of work

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
DMITRIJ696
New user
New user

Cant create install database mysql , 2 days of work

Post by DMITRIJ696 » 2015-09-23 20:20

I spend over 2 days now , and its never work for me ,

I follow this video tutorial - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiIbcHiybSE

Use Wampserver. Database wont create .

Maybe because i have windows 10 ? but i see many have same problem with windows 7 .
I try to fix compatibility problem with windows as well to use hmailserver with windows 7,not help .
Try instructions you left for other users.

Error:
The MySQL client (libmysql.dll, 32 bit) could not be loaded.
hMailServer needs this file to be able to connect to MySQL.
The MySQL client needs to be manually copied to the hMailServer Bin directory. The file is not included in the hMailServer installation.
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Bin\libmysql.dll
Starting task...
Please wait while creating database...
MySQL: Accès refusé pour l'utilisateur: ''@'@localhost'. Base 'usemail' (Additional info: create database usemail character set 'utf8')

I find something similar on your forum , but its not help me to resolve problem.

Please advice ?

jimimaseye

Re: Cant create install database mysql , 2 days of work

Post by jimimaseye » 2015-09-23 20:50

HMS 5.6.6 B2383 on Win Server 2008 R2 Foundation, + 5.6.7-B2415 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

mattg

Post by mattg » 2015-09-24 01:46

And if you AREN'T using a 64 bit MySQL you still need to do what the error says
DMITRIJ696 wrote:Error:
The MySQL client (libmysql.dll, 32 bit) could not be loaded.
hMailServer needs this file to be able to connect to MySQL.
The MySQL client needs to be manually copied to the hMailServer Bin directory. The file is not included in the hMailServer installation.
This was caused by a limitation of the licence for MySQL Community edition...
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

DMITRIJ696
New user
New user

Post by DMITRIJ696 » 2015-09-24 10:54

Thank you for fast reply ! Unfortunately problem not resolved ,

I follow the link instruction provided by - jimimaseye ,

I install - WORKBENCH 5.2 CE ,

I manually create "drive:\path to\hmailserver\bin" and put libmysql.dll from WORKBENCH location into it before attempting hmailserver install to drive:\path to\hmailserver

and then your install of hmailserver.

But results still same : Starting task...
Please wait while creating database...
MySQL: Accès refusé pour l'utilisateur: ''@'@localhost'. Base 'topgerm' (Additional info: create database topgerm character set 'utf8')

Maybe problem because i choose wrong Service (see attachments)
1n.jpg
I choose service from wampserver
? - but i try many of them and the same results .

Please advice ?! Regards.

Hazark
New user
New user

Post by Hazark » 2015-09-24 11:00

I think you solved the libmysql.dll issue because the next error looks like comes from MySQL; that means the MySQL connection is established.

I don't speak French but your error looks like a "connection refused" type thing.
"''@'@localhost'" doesn't look good, it seems you provide empty username for MySQL. Wampserver default MySQL credentials are root and empty password. Try using that.

DMITRIJ696
New user
New user

Post by DMITRIJ696 » 2015-09-24 11:09

Hazark wrote:I think you solved the libmysql.dll issue because the next error looks like comes from MySQL; that means the MySQL connection is established.

I don't speak French but your error looks like a "connection refused" type thing.
"''@'@localhost'" doesn't look good, it seems you provide empty username for MySQL. Wampserver default MySQL credentials are root and empty password. Try using that.

o my god , you are my god , the username for database - ROOT ,is good ! password - DONT NEED ! I don't know username should be by default - root

Database created ! Will follow next steps to success ! Regards to all !

DMITRIJ696
New user
New user

Post by DMITRIJ696 » 2015-09-24 13:48

Anyone know there , is it possible to receive emails from any online email providers to - localhost email server?
Thanks in advantage.

tochi
Senior user
Senior user

Post by tochi » 2015-09-24 19:08

DMITRIJ696 wrote:Anyone know there , is it possible to receive emails from any online email providers to - localhost email server?
Thanks in advantage.
Looks like you have done Step 1 and 2 of Installation Turtorial https://www.hmailserver.com/documentati ... to_install
Now you need to follow Step 3 and 4.

DMITRIJ696
New user
New user

Post by DMITRIJ696 » 2015-09-24 19:20

Are you sure step 3 and 4 will resolve problem?

At that moment i make everything as on video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiIbcHiybSE

I have two emails - google and yahoo (on my localhost)
One with mozilla thunderbird , another with squirellmail.

But all of them only accept and send emails between this both emails based on my localhost , but not possible to send or receive emails to or from another online email like gmail , yahoo ,etc... because its localhost only on my computer and wampserver.

Any way to make my localhost to received and send emails from online providers ?

Regards

tochi
Senior user
Senior user

Post by tochi » 2015-09-24 20:00

You can have whatever email domains to test email functions locally. But if you need to communicate to others on the Internet, you have to own your domain.

Buy a domain at domain registrant like godaddy.com.
Add domain and some users in hmailserver.
Setup MX records (in the manage interface provided by domain registrant) to point to your hmailserver's public IP.

DMITRIJ696
New user
New user

Post by DMITRIJ696 » 2015-09-25 10:24

tochi wrote:You can have whatever email domains to test email functions locally. But if you need to communicate to others on the Internet, you have to own your domain.

Buy a domain at domain registrant like godaddy.com.
Add domain and some users in hmailserver.
Setup MX records (in the manage interface provided by domain registrant) to point to your hmailserver's public IP.
Thanks , and sorry i,m just starter for that .
I own my 2 x domains , any instruction from yourtube or google , how to do that correctly?

Do i right understand that after i connect my domain i will unable to use my created local emails ended - gmail.com and yahoo.com ? emails need to be as - @mydomain.com , right? or they can still be any, like gmail or yahoo at the end?
As well justhost.com not support - catch all (just for information) , so all domains not in my justhost server returned back to sender .

Please any explanation .?

Regards ,Thank you very much in advantage.

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2015-09-25 11:06

DMITRIJ696 wrote:Do i right understand that after i connect my domain i will unable to use my created local emails ended - gmail.com and yahoo.com ? emails need to be as - @mydomain.com , right? or they can still be any, like gmail or yahoo at the end?
You will be able to send DIRECTLY from your smtp server any emials ending in @mydomain.com. You can also send emails ending @gmail.com but you will need to use gmail servers to do so (ie use them as a relay) by using the ROUTE function.
DMITRIJ696 wrote: Thanks , and sorry i,m just starter for that .
I own my 2 x domains , any instruction from yourtube or google , how to do that correctly?
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentati ... figuration
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

DMITRIJ696
New user
New user

Post by DMITRIJ696 » 2015-09-25 11:29

Everyone talking about send emails via google relay or domain ,
But possible to receive them from internet users to my localhost email address?
will i able to send and receive emails from & to my localserver email if connect to google relay SMTP ?

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2015-09-25 12:20

Yes.

The route will only send GMAIL.COM 'from' addressed emails.

As long as you haxve MX record for 'local account' set up then inbound mail for that will be received directly.

eg

email TO: you@yourdomain.com ---> MX LOOKUP: send to HMS server 12.34.56.78 (your server)
= your server 12.34.56.78 receives the email

email FROM: you@yourdomain.com ----> sends via direct STMP direct to end recipient.
email FROM: you@Gmail.com ---> sends via ROUTE--> goes via Gmail smtp server

But why do you want to run 'gmail' account on HMS when it runs perfectly well and reliable on gmail servers?

tochi
Senior user
Senior user

Post by tochi » 2015-09-25 18:55

DMITRIJ696 wrote: I own my 2 x domains , any instruction from yourtube or google , how to do that correctly?
Do you really OWN the domains? Are you able to change DNS records of those two domains? Where did you buy your domain? The user interface varies by domain registrants. Without knowing your registrant, it's impossible to show you how to do it.
DMITRIJ696 wrote: Do i right understand that after i connect my domain i will unable to use my created local emails ended - gmail.com and yahoo.com ? emails need to be as - @mydomain.com , right? or they can still be any, like gmail or yahoo at the end?
You are right. gmail.com, yahoo.com or google.com are domains owned by those big companies. It's very unlikely you own those domains. You can not send/receive emails as someone @gmail.com or @yahoo.com. You can only send/receive emails with your own domains. What jimimaseye replied is advanced technique which may confuse beginners like you.

DMITRIJ696
New user
New user

Post by DMITRIJ696 » 2015-09-27 13:15

Yes you are right , its all start confuse me ...

I own 2 domains from company - justhost.com

If its help to explain me .

As jimimaseye said , its possible make via MX LOOKUP & STMP , But i really no understand how . Any videos , or step by step instructions will be helpful.

Regards ¬!!!

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2015-09-27 13:41

DMITRIJ696
New user
New user

Post by DMITRIJ696 » 2015-09-27 13:54

MX Records specify the server that will handle your email.

Its can handle - localhost on my computer as well ?

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2015-09-27 14:05

System requirements https://www.hmailserver.com/documentati ... quirements:
Technical knowledge

To be able to successfully set up an email server, you need to know the basics about certain techniques related to Internet and email. While some parts of the hMailServer documentation describes and discusses these things, the hMailServer documentation should not be seen as a reference documentation for these areas. You need to have a basic understanding of the following items to be able to successfully set up an email server on Windows.

Microsoft Windows
Domain names and host names
Firewalls and routers
DNS, Domain Name System
TCP/IP ports

As well as knowledge on networks, and email systems you should also have knowledge on SQL database management (of your choice) if choosing an external database.
My advice: I think you need to employ a professional. Look in the phonebook for IT consultants near you. Otherwise you will never get this going and helpers here will be endlessly repeating and explaining the obvious and getting you nowhere.