Sending as another email account without using their relay

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
Kendo
Normal user
Normal user

Sending as another email account without using their relay

Post by Kendo » 2015-07-09 10:34

I originally posted here but moved forward and found hMail ideal for what I needed.

I still have the hosted mail server but solved my routing problem by installing hMail on the server that is hosting our websites. Those sites now send mail directly so that any receiving mail server will only see my Windows server's IP address and I now have a chance to maintain good mail reputation.

I was going to send my own workstation mail via that server but had connection problems. Tried telnet and failed. Checked hMail settings etc. I have now decided to leave that as is because if I cannot telnet to send mail, none of the spammers should be able to either.

I now have 2 MX records for that domain and with one sending and the other receiving it works fine.

Congrats to the hMail team. I remember looking at this solution a few years ago. It seems to have evolved quite a lot since then. Nice work.