distribution list

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
aklryan
New user
New user

distribution list

Post by aklryan » 2005-10-07 05:55

Hi,

I am having some problem with my distribution list. I have create a list eg support@abc.com with local domain menbers in it. I have turn on my smtp authentication under my distribution list.

Problem when i send from either hotmail, yahoo mail, gmail and some mail (ask my friend to test sending from their company mail).
Mails got bounce back.
From sender mail will receiver Error:
"This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out..........
Remote host said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable

"
From the HmailServer log
"SENT:550 Authentication Require."

Anyway to solve this problem. Am i doing the right way to setup a distribution list.

I have try to disable the SMTP authenication and looks seems ok when receive mails but receive alot of junk mail also. I like to have security feature on.

aklryan

cmurphy54
Senior user
Senior user

Post by cmurphy54 » 2005-10-07 06:01

The setting is there in order to keep external people from being able to send to your distribution list. Therefore, if you want to have external users be able to send to the list, you will have to keep that setting unchecked.

aklryan
New user
New user

Post by aklryan » 2005-10-07 06:53

hm... looks like this is the way to do it. Thanks for your reply.