SMTP send: NOT OK(Connection failed: Failed to connect socket: No connection could be made because the target machine

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
itsmesri
Normal user
Normal user

SMTP send: NOT OK(Connection failed: Failed to connect socket: No connection could be made because the target machine

Post by itsmesri » 2014-11-22 02:41

I am trying to configuring RoundCube forhmail server. On configuration page SMTP is rejecting. How to solve this

SMTP send: NOT OK(Connection failed: Failed to connect socket: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

Do I need to provide hmailServer login/password which we use for login for administration purpose? or just empty?

mattg

Re: SMTP send: NOT OK(Connection failed: Failed to connect socket: No connection could be made because the target machi

Post by mattg » 2014-11-22 02:50

please post the hmailserver diagnostics.

Is roundcube on same computer?

Can you please enable all logging in hMailserver, try to connect again, and then post all logs created once you get the error.
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

mattg

Re: SMTP send: NOT OK(Connection failed: Failed to connect socket: No connection could be made because the target machi

Post by mattg » 2014-11-22 04:29

You could leave them blank, but only if you allow unauthenticated sending from localhost within hMailserver

Most web mail will use the user login details to access email.
I'm unsure why you have the option to set a user and password within roundcube.
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation