Any free SMTP relay services??

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
itsmesri
Normal user
Normal user

Any free SMTP relay services??

Post by itsmesri » 2014-11-08 04:40

Is there any free SMTP relay services available? My current ip is blocked. So I cannot send emails to gmail, but can send to all other email servers.

So I want use free SMTP relay services in my hMail server. I use hardly 20 to 30 emails per day.

I tried SendGrid service. But in gmail inbox it is showing "via SendGrid.info" header next my domain email address.
It doesn't good to my clients if they see that kind.

So I want avoid that and see just my domain email address.

Suggestions please.

mattg

Re: Any free SMTP relay services??

Post by mattg » 2014-11-08 04:49

itsmesri wrote:My current ip is blocked.
my suggestion is to fix that
(and then don't get blocked by not spamming)

If you truly only have 20 to 30 mails per day, then SMTP relay through your ISP's SMTP server
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

percepts
Senior user
Senior user

Post by percepts » 2014-11-08 06:02

itsmesri wrote:My current ip is blocked. So I cannot send emails to gmail, but can send to all other email servers.
Fact you can send to some external servers means outbound is not blocked. If your ISP was blocking oubound port 25 then you couldn't send to any external servers. So reason gmail are rejecting your mail is something else.
Look in gmail spam folder at full source/headers of mail to find out why.

itsmesri
Normal user
Normal user

Post by itsmesri » 2014-11-08 06:48

mattg
----
itsmesri wrote:
My current ip is blocked.
my suggestion is to fix that
(and then don't get blocked by not spamming)

If you truly only have 20 to 30 mails per day, then SMTP relay through your ISP's SMTP server
Sorry for misunderstanding me. The IP address was blocked not because of me.Couple of weeks back I got a new modem from TW which has blocked IP by SORBS and SpamHaus. I called so many times to TW support to change IP address. They always said, they cannot change it. Then I decide to change modem that I did today. But again it is bad luck, I got again blocked IP (this ip is not the same, different IP address).

I tired of changing modems, so I decided to use SMTP relay service. Again, I am having a very small business, which I hardly send 20 to 30 official client emails. (NOT SPAM, NOT MARKETING).

percepts
-----
itsmesri wrote:
My current ip is blocked. So I cannot send emails to gmail, but can send to all other email servers.
Fact you can send to some external servers means outbound is not blocked. If your ISP was blocking oubound port 25 then you couldn't send to any external servers. So reason gmail are rejecting your mail is something else.
Look in gmail spam folder at full source/headers of mail to find out why.
Yes, My ISP did not blocked outbound port 25. I got IP address which was already blocked IP by SORBS and SpamHaus.

percepts
Senior user
Senior user

Post by percepts » 2014-11-08 06:53

then put your IP into following

http://mxtoolbox.com/

then do the blacklist test there and follow the links on how to get de-listed.

Nothing we can do about it.

glenluo
Normal user
Normal user

Post by glenluo » 2014-11-08 17:41

I think the best way is to delist from block list,it is not so hard.

No one can provide you free relay server,as we can not guarantee you will not use it to send bulk.

mainetenants
New user
New user

Post by mainetenants » 2015-11-25 10:17

Time Warner and Comcast both send weekly reports to the SORBL and SPAMHAUS with a list of their dynamic IP addresses which is preventing me from sending email from my hMailserver even if i use TWC's SMTP relay server (mail.twc.com) because TWC does not like residential customers to manage their own mailservers on dynamic IP addresses. TWC has told me they will not delist a dynamic IP address for residential customers who use hMailserver. TWC has told me repeatedly that i MUST UPGRADE to a Business Class package at $120-$200/mth and then buy a static IP address for another $23/mth just so i can manage my own private hMailserver...

This is legally called "tying" and it is ILLEGAL in violation of Federal antitrust laws ... but that is what TWC, Comcast, Verizon and other ISP's are doing to residential customers ... a TWC salesman told me explicitly that residential customers are not allowed to purchase a static IP address for their own private, noncommercial hMailserver and MUST UPGRADE to a Business Class package if we want the option of purchasing a static IP address for any reason whatsoever!!

Just FYI and food for thought ...

Using a free SMTP relay service is probably the best option until TWC, Comcast, Verizon and other ISP's are sued for their antitrust violations ...

jimimaseye

Post by jimimaseye » 2015-11-25 10:22

is preventing me from sending email from my hMailserver even if i use TWC's SMTP relay server (mail.twc.com)
I really struggle to believe that. They cant possibly know that the email you are sending out from HMS (using it with a relay) is any different from that being sent directly from an email client especially if the authentication to their server is used. When HMS sends an email to a RELAY it is in effect just an email client and as such is exactly the same as Thunderbird etc.
5.7 on test.
SpamassassinForWindows 3.4.0 spamd service
AV: Clamwin + Clamd service + sanesecurity defs : https://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=26829

katip
Senior user
Senior user

Post by katip » 2015-11-25 10:52

itsmesri wrote:So I want use free SMTP relay services in my hMail server. I use hardly 20 to 30 emails per day.
You may want to try this (20/day free) : http://www.smtp2go.com/
further paid plans are reasonable too. ymmv...
Katip
--
HMS 5.7.0 x64, MariaDB 10.4.10 x64, SA 3.4.2, ClamAV 0.101.2 + SaneS

tochi
Senior user
Senior user

Post by tochi » 2015-11-25 20:08

katip wrote:
itsmesri wrote:So I want use free SMTP relay services in my hMail server. I use hardly 20 to 30 emails per day.
You may want to try this (20/day free) : http://www.smtp2go.com/
further paid plans are reasonable too. ymmv...
sendgrid also provides free plan for low volume users. 12,000 emails per month. It's more generous.

katip
Senior user
Senior user

Post by katip » 2015-11-25 22:54

tochi wrote:sendgrid also provides free plan for low volume users. 12,000 emails per month. It's more generous.
hmm, 400/day in average. rather extravagant imo..
just signed up. i wonder if they'll classify me eligible :P
Katip
--
HMS 5.7.0 x64, MariaDB 10.4.10 x64, SA 3.4.2, ClamAV 0.101.2 + SaneS