Hmail and Websitepanel

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
simonegiusti
New user
New user

Hmail and Websitepanel

Post by simonegiusti » 2014-09-02 23:13

I have HmailServer installed (latest beta 2058 5.5).
I don't know if this happen after upgrading but I receive this message when trying to access mail services (domains, mailboxes, lists and groups)

Code: Select all

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
 at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.MailServerController.GetMailDomain(Int32 itemId) 
 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- 
 at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) 
 at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) 
 at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.esMailServers.GetMailDomain(Int32 itemId) 
 at WebsitePanel.Portal.MailDomainsEditDomain.BindItem() 
I don't have a backup to restore.
What shall I do now ???

percepts
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Hmail and Websitepanel

Post by percepts » 2014-09-02 23:24

That doesn't look like an hmail message to me. Where exactly are you seeing that message and which program is generating it.

SorenR
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Hmail and Websitepanel

Post by SorenR » 2014-09-02 23:51

simonegiusti wrote:I have HmailServer installed (latest beta 2058 5.5).
I don't know if this happen after upgrading but I receive this message when trying to access mail services (domains, mailboxes, lists and groups)

Code: Select all

System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 
 at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.MailServerController.GetMailDomain(Int32 itemId) 
 --- End of inner exception stack trace --- 
 at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) 
 at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) 
 at WebsitePanel.EnterpriseServer.esMailServers.GetMailDomain(Int32 itemId) 
 at WebsitePanel.Portal.MailDomainsEditDomain.BindItem() 
I don't have a backup to restore.
What shall I do now ???
WebsitePanel.net...

Under System Requirements it says "hMailServer 4.x"
http://www.websitepanel.net/documentati ... uirements/

Ask your question here...
http://www.websitepanel.net/support/

But... As 5.5 is still Beta... Don't hope for too much :roll:

I'm sure one of the DB guys here can tell you what tables to alter to revert the changes in 5.5..
SørenR.

Algorithm (noun.)
Word used by programmers when they do not want to explain what they did.