Use score from SpamAssassin - why uncheck it?

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
RobertGrimes
New user
New user

Use score from SpamAssassin - why uncheck it?

Post by RobertGrimes » 2014-08-02 22:54

Can someone explain when you WOULDN'T have the checkbox for "Use score from SpamAssassin" checked when you are using SpamAssassin? What does unchecking it mean and then what the value in the score box do? I read the help and it didn't.
Attachments
hMailServer1.JPG

percepts
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Use score from SpamAssassin - why uncheck it?

Post by percepts » 2014-08-02 22:59

I have no idea why you wouldn't use it except that since you also have scores from hMail to be accumulated you can then be sure that mail wouldn't be flagged as spam purely due to SA score being high. Why anyone would want to do that I have no idea. Also some of the hMail tests are done in SA anyway so if you are using SA you can switch some of them off in hmail.

^DooM^
Site Admin

Re: Use score from SpamAssassin - why uncheck it?

Post by ^DooM^ » 2014-08-03 21:33

It's there so you can use SA as another tool. For instance if SA and all it's checks classify the email as spam Add x to hmails score.

That way you can tailor your spam mark threshold to include specific checks. It's about giving people the option to use SA's score or just use your own score if SA deems it as spam.
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ