Disable local mail - treat as external

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
nmay1990
New user
New user

Disable local mail - treat as external

Post by nmay1990 » 2014-06-09 17:49

Hi everyone,

I have been playing with hmail server for a few weeks now with no luck. Basically i want to use it an outgoing relay for all mail so it adds a signature and disclaimer to all emails sent from within our offices.

The client computers would connect to hmailserver (it would add the signature) then send it to our hosting companies mail server to be sent out the recipients.

Got it all working as far as external emails go, but i can send to anyone within the offices, as its treating the emails as internal and doing a local delivery so no one is receiving mail, i need all mail to be treated as external mail. I have tried changing my domain to 'domain.local' which work but then it fails to add the signature and disclaimer?

I have used the SMTP relay and routes but still no luck!

I really am banging my head against a wall, is this even possible?

Thanks in advance

mattg

Re: Disable local mail - treat as external

Post by mattg » 2014-06-10 00:19

If the address is hosted locally, hmailserver will ALWAYS deliver locally

This is NOT configurable.

Other addresses at the same domain can be sent externally using a route
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

Bill48105
Developer
Developer

Re: Disable local mail - treat as external

Post by Bill48105 » 2014-06-10 02:09

sounds like you got the right idea using .local but you won't be able to use hmail's built-in signatures. Just do it in a script then.
hMailServer build LIVE on my servers: 5.4-B2014050402
#hmailserver on FreeNode IRC https://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#hmailserver
*** ABSENT FROM hMail! Those in IRC know how to find me if urgent. ***