Default folders not made on account creation

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
pedja.m
New user
New user

Default folders not made on account creation

Post by pedja.m » 2014-03-21 16:44

Hello,

I am having an issue where default folders are not made when i set up an account in Outlook 2013 or from mobile phone. It used to work just fine, and all of a sudden this problem came up. The only workaround i was able to figure was making folders manualy from hMail console , subscribing manualy in outlook 2013, then reseting the account in outlook (delete current cause everything except INBOX was *This computer only*, exit outlook, delete .ost, start outlook again). One folder is an exception, I can't get Junk E-mail to sync no matter what i do..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mattg

Re: Default folders not made on account creation

Post by mattg » 2014-03-22 01:06

Outlook 2013 just doesn't do IMAP. Even Outlook 2010 was much better (and that is saying something)

Ditch it for better mail client, or expect that IMAP doesn't work.
ALSO, join the very LONG list of people asking Microsoft to fix their premium mail client

'Live mail' works much better, and this is what I use if the user isn't happy with Thunderbird.
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation