access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' but ok wth client

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
sbouli
Normal user
Normal user

access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' but ok wth client

Post by sbouli » 2012-09-13 12:29

Hi,

I know that the access denied error is common and usually quite simple (get the correct pass), but here, I check the pass in C:\Program Files (x86)\hMailServer\Bin\hmailserver.ini with the vbs decryptBlowfish.vbs and it's the correct one I put in the connect windows of the hmailadmin. Moreover, I manage to connect to the database from the mysql client or sqlyog client (with the same pass).
the funny thing is that whatever data I put in the "connect" windows, it always try with 'root'@'localhost' (even if I put 127.0.0.1) and if I check the ini file it's correctly updated ....
Is there somewhere else that hmailserver keep the login/pass and port for the SQL connection ?

I discover the problem with the clients not able to get in the server to imap or pop their emails, it happend around 3AM just after a windows update, I am wondering if it's not a IPv6 related matter ....

what do you think ?

Stéphane

sbouli
Normal user
Normal user

Re: access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' but ok wth cli

Post by sbouli » 2012-09-13 14:40

I can confirm that it is coming from the windows update, as I rolled back in time just before the update, and now, the hmailserver is working fine ...
I had 5 updates dated on today : KB2719857 KB2741355 KB2735855 KB2736233 KB890830
my system is a windows 7 pro 64bits

Stéphane