Roundcube - Hmail Autoresponder - populates hmailserver but

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
entropicsinkhole
Normal user
Normal user

Roundcube - Hmail Autoresponder - populates hmailserver but

Post by entropicsinkhole » 2012-05-16 19:14

Hmailserver 5.4 b1931
Roundcube 0.7.2 w/ latest hmail_autoresponder plugin

So, I'm not sure where the problem happens, hmailserver or roundcube, so I'm throwing it out here...

When I go to use Roundcube's hmail autoresponder, the autoreply works but the expiry date does not. I have confirmed that the information entered in the webmail's interface shows up on hmailserver too -- the 'enable' boxes for both the actual responder and the autoexpiry are checked off and the expiry dates match. SOOOO.... the information obviously makes it to hmailserver fine, but for some reason it ignores the expiry date.

If I go into hmailserver directly and create an autoresponder, with an expiry date, it works fine. It also worked fine when we used Squirrelmail as our webmail client, using the hmail autoresponder plugin. So obviously something specific with roundcube causes the problem, but at the same time if the information makes it to hmailserver successfully, why isn't it working?

Any suggestions are welcome, thanks!

dzekas
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Roundcube - Hmail Autoresponder - populates hmailserver

Post by dzekas » 2012-05-16 21:53

entropicsinkhole wrote:Hmailserver 5.4 b1931
Roundcube 0.7.2 w/ latest hmail_autoresponder plugin
Plugin for SquirrelMail is written in COM. It uses APIs provided by application. Plugin for roundcube accesses database directly. Third party should never mess with application database directly. You lose application support, if you do custom write in database without approval from devs.

entropicsinkhole
Normal user
Normal user

Post by entropicsinkhole » 2012-05-16 22:28

Fair enough.

So, how hard would it be to get dev approval, if I was to find someone who could make a 'proper' plugin?

dzekas
Senior user
Senior user

Post by dzekas » 2012-05-17 07:42

entropicsinkhole wrote:Fair enough.

So, how hard would it be to get dev approval, if I was to find someone who could make a 'proper' plugin?
If plugin uses COM, you won't need any approvals. It would be standard supported application use.

If you want to understand why roundcube version is failing, contact myroundcube devs.

entropicsinkhole
Normal user
Normal user

Post by entropicsinkhole » 2012-05-17 14:23

If you want to understand why roundcube version is failing, contact myroundcube devs.
Already on it, thanks!