ASSP and external account

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
FAWTS
Normal user
Normal user

ASSP and external account

Post by FAWTS » 2005-07-17 14:12

I have installed ASSP and it wors great, I use the external account feature too, and that works very well too.

But ASSP does not analyse the mails comming from those external account...

I wanted to know if there is a way to make it analyse them like adding a port to listen ...

Thank you!
Apache 1.3.33 PHP Version 4.4 hMailServer 4.1-B136 OS : Win XP SP2 AV : ClamAV 0.86.1

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2005-07-17 15:30

I´m far from sure, but I don't think that's possible. I know little of ASSP but if I'm not wrong, it acts only as an SMTP proxy. And there's no SMTP involved whatsoever when hMailServer fetches email from external accounts. But perhaps someone else here knows better .. :-\

FAWTS
Normal user
Normal user

Post by FAWTS » 2005-07-17 16:29

I think so, what I'm triing to do is to use another external account that get my mails from my external accounts and send them to my HMS account...

That looks complicated, but I received around 40 spams a day on one of my adress and I want to use this stuff to test ASSP and to teach it...

For the moment, the first part work, but the forward option seems to suck...

I don't know yet if it because the mails are forwarded just once a day or what...

But if somebody knows an email provider that make you able to get mails from external accounts and to forward them to another external account, I would be glad to use it!!! :wink:
Apache 1.3.33 PHP Version 4.4 hMailServer 4.1-B136 OS : Win XP SP2 AV : ClamAV 0.86.1

phocks
New user
New user

if you find a solution...

Post by phocks » 2007-02-08 05:50

I'm in the same situation here. I used to use linux running postfix and have fetchmail retrieve the mails which injected it back into port 25 (the port ASSP is running proxy on now). hMailServer seems to just grab the mails and put them straight into the mailbox database.

I've been looking for a program that acts like fetchmail, but for Windows, but am not having much luck. Let me know if you find a solution. It would be great if hMailServer provided the option to inject back into port 25.

zybex
Normal user
Normal user

Post by zybex » 2007-02-08 18:47

Instead of making hMS fetch your external account with POP3, you can probably look in the settings of that account for a "forward" option, and forward it to your hMS address.

If you don't have a domain name, you could use a no-ip or dyndns domain.

1. create a mydomain.no-ip.org domain for yourself, set up their DNS client on the same machine as hMS

2. add the mydomain.no-ip.org name to the list of domains that hMS should recognize (alias domain)

3. Add the mydomain.no-ip.org name to the list of domains that ASSP should recognize (isp.com, mydomain.no-ip.org)

4. create alias for your account in this domain if needed (user@isp.com = user@mydomain.no-ip.org)

5. setup the "forward address" in your ISPs external account to your new account, something like user@mydomain.no-ip.org.

Should work just fine... and you'll have the option to use your new email addresses for direct delivery to your hMS server :)

nikolasd
Normal user
Normal user

Post by nikolasd » 2007-02-08 20:58

This issue has been discussed before ... by me ... twice! :-)
The solution you are looking for is this (quick explanation)
Use either hMailPull (free), exchangepop.pl (free), or POPcon (79€) to fetch email from external accounts.

Read more on the following threads.
http://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewto ... highlight=
http://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewto ... highlight=

Links to hMailPull, exchangepop.pl and POPcon, can be found at the above mentioned threads.