Roundcube with hMailserver - DCOM an issue or not?

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
entropicsinkhole
Normal user
Normal user

Roundcube with hMailserver - DCOM an issue or not?

Post by entropicsinkhole » 2011-08-26 14:43

Trying to get Roundcube hmail plugins to work with Hmailserver. Need to eliminate DCOM as an issue. Question: If all of my programs (Apache, hMailserver, MySQL, Roundcube) are running on one server, and Apache runs using LocalSystem (which has all permissions to DCOM), do I still need to create the apache account, etc.--as instructed in documentation below? Or is it only when hMailserver is on a separate server?

http://www.hmailserver.com/documentatio ... ermissions

Thanks!

dzekas
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Roundcube with hMailserver - DCOM an issue or not?

Post by dzekas » 2011-08-26 15:52

entropicsinkhole wrote:Trying to get Roundcube hmail plugins to work with Hmailserver. Need to eliminate DCOM as an issue. Question: If all of my programs (Apache, hMailserver, MySQL, Roundcube) are running on one server, and Apache runs using LocalSystem (which has all permissions to DCOM), do I still need to create the apache account, etc.--as instructed in documentation below? Or is it only when hMailserver is on a separate server?

http://www.hmailserver.com/documentatio ... ermissions
You must allow access to hmailserver com object for localsystem user. Documentation is for setup with php and hmailserver on same machine. Remote DCOM setup is more complex.

If plugins are failing, check roundcube logs or test PHP COM connectivity outside of roundcube.

entropicsinkhole
Normal user
Normal user

Post by entropicsinkhole » 2011-08-26 16:53

Thanks! Good for future reference :)

Anyway, the issues I had actually didn't end up being DCOM. It ended up being the encryption. Roundcube's hmail_autoresponder v1.9 still doesn't support SHA. If I access the plugin using a mail account that uses MD5, it works fine. Otherwise, nope. And since I have no plans on changing my encryption on 500+ accounts, I will be sticking with squirrelmail. woo

dzekas
Senior user
Senior user

Post by dzekas » 2011-08-26 18:02

entropicsinkhole wrote:Thanks! Good for future reference :)

Anyway, the issues I had actually didn't end up being DCOM. It ended up being the encryption. Roundcube's hmail_autoresponder v1.9 still doesn't support SHA. If I access the plugin using a mail account that uses MD5, it works fine. Otherwise, nope. And since I have no plans on changing my encryption on 500+ accounts, I will be sticking with squirrelmail. woo
Why do you need SHA for vacation messages?

If you confused vacation with password changer, then use bundled password plugin instead of custom hmail one.