Delivery and Read receipts not working

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
targetit
New user
New user

Delivery and Read receipts not working

Post by targetit » 2011-03-02 14:10

Hi,

I'm using hMailServer 5.3.3. I'm using Outlook 2007 and am selecting to receive delivery and read receipts.

I don't get any notification from either after an email has been sent using hMailServer.

Is there an option I need to enable in hMS to ensure receipts are sent back to the server?

Kind regards

Chris

mattg

Re: Delivery and Read receipts not working

Post by mattg » 2011-03-02 14:28

Delivery and read receipts are entirely optional and controlled at the client end, not at the server end.
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

targetit
New user
New user

Post by targetit » 2011-03-02 14:46

Read receipt are usually client-side, but delivery receipts or relay receipts are usually server-side.

These simply tell you that the email arrived at the destination server.

I'm not getting anything with hMS.

Thanks

mattg

Post by mattg » 2011-03-03 01:34

targetit wrote:Read receipt are usually client-side, but delivery receipts or relay receipts are usually server-side.
I don't agree
targetit wrote:These simply tell you that the email arrived at the destination server.
I'm not getting anything with hMS.
No, and you won't. Hmailserver doesn't have that facility.

As I see it your options are:-
1. Use another mail server
2. Develop some way of extracting this information from the logs
3. download the source for hMailserver 4.4 or earlier (when hMailserver was open source) and make the changes yourself
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation