Anti-spam add-ons

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
x509
New user
New user

Anti-spam add-ons

Post by x509 » 2011-02-14 18:08

Hello,

Does anyone use third-party antivirus software such like SpamTitan, eWall or Barracuda? Any recommendations?

Thanks.

bescher
Normal user
Normal user

Re: Anti-spam add-ons

Post by bescher » 2011-02-15 10:23

I use Ewall and several other people on the list use ewall.
Alex just went to a new version and although it is good has become more expensive. There are many things that you can do in ewall that unless you know scripting very well you can't do in Hmailserver. Ie blacklist and whitelist and country block are three off the top of my head that are simnle and very easy to set up in EWall. You also have where you have a level of filters and can use those filters system wide, only specific domains or only specific users.

x509
New user
New user

Re: Anti-spam add-ons

Post by x509 » 2011-02-20 15:16

I'm testing EWall now, so far so good.
Alex just went to a new version and although it is good has become more expensive.
It has per domain license, $25/year. Fits perfectly to me as I have only one domain. Barracuda and SpamTitan way more expensive, but I'm going to test them too, for comparison. If you have tested any other anti-spam addons, proxies, please let me know.