Hmail server to download mails from an Exchange server

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
kani
New user
New user

Hmail server to download mails from an Exchange server

Post by kani » 2010-07-06 14:35

I am trying to setup my email address in Hmail server to download emails from another exchange server mail account. I have to login to the office outlook webaccess to check my emails, I need to get these emails into an account in hmail server so I can get this in my computer's outlook.

Is it possible?

Thanks for your time!

Aias
New user
New user

Re: Hmail server to download mails from an Exchange server

Post by Aias » 2010-07-06 14:49

Hi

The best tactik for you, is to instruct the exchange server to deliver your messages to your Hmail server.
It is done from the recipient configuration, mailbox, mailflow setting, delivery options of the exchange 2010 managment and you need to have exchange administrative rights.

As for the oposite, to retrive the mails from the OWA, you need to write your application to do this.

Aias

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2010-07-06 15:17

Kani you can use hMails external fetch feature to download emails from the exchange server for you.

http://www.hmailserver.com/documentatio ... al_account

Aias, please do not give advice until you are familiar with hmail.
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

kani
New user
New user

Post by kani » 2010-07-06 15:25

Great, thanks. I will try this now and update here.

Aias
New user
New user

Post by Aias » 2010-07-06 16:25

As Doom advised, fetchmail from external accounts is possible but only by POP3 protocoll.

But Kani wants to get mails from "office outlook webaccess" which is webmail from internet explorer.
And this is not covered from fetchmail in hmail.

If the exchange has open pop3 protocoll, then the external fetchmail option is the faster solution.
But if there is only the office outlook webaccess option, then the push mail from the exchange is the best solution.

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2010-07-06 17:11

Aias wrote:But Kani wants to get mails from "office outlook webaccess" which is webmail from internet explorer.
And this is not covered from fetchmail in hmail.
That is not what he said at all.
kani wrote:I am trying to setup my email address in Hmail server to download emails from another exchange server mail account.
He can do that with external fetch
kani wrote:I have to login to the office outlook webaccess to check my emails, I need to get these emails into an account in hmail server so I can get this in my computer's outlook.
He "has" to use webmail, he does not say he "wants" to use it. Which is why i suspect he wants to download to hmail.

kani
New user
New user

Post by kani » 2010-07-06 17:58

Thanks Doom,

I think you got my need, I do not want to login to webaccess everytime, I need these emails in the exchange server in my account in hMailserver.

It seems I have two options now

1) Write a forward rule so exchange server will send emails when received

2) Exchange server will have to support pop3 to fetch using the external account option in the hmail server.

I think #1 is the easy option, instead of waiting for the download triggered in hMail we can forward emails from exchange server to hmail.

What you think?

Thanks for your time.

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2010-07-06 18:32

Yes that will work also.