Outlook unable to connect to hMailServer

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
associates
Normal user
Normal user

Outlook unable to connect to hMailServer

Post by associates » 2010-06-28 03:45

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some help here.

This morning I was trying to use Microsoft Outlook to check my emails, I received error messages that says

Task 'associates: Folder:Inbox Check for new mail.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook is unable to download folder Inbox from the IMAP e-mail server for account daminto. Error: Unable to connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

The Outlook has been working really well for the past few weeks. I am more puzzled when I could check my emails via webmail Squirrelmail. There is something that might have caused the Outlook to unable to connect to the hMailServer.

The Mail Server which runs hMailServer 5.3 runs on XP Pro OS. It also runs ASSP on Port 25 and hMailServer SMTP on Port 125.

Any helps would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

mattg

Re: Outlook unable to connect to hMailServer

Post by mattg » 2010-06-28 06:45

Try restarting both Outlook and the computer that outlook is running on. Next step is to delete and then re-create the IMAP account in Outlook. Could be a corrupt Outlook profile...

If that fails, clear the logs, enable all logging, and try again. Show the logs here please...
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation