Reciving E-Mail multiple times

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
Rick
New user
New user

Reciving E-Mail multiple times

Post by Rick » 2009-10-06 10:27

Hello Community,

I got the following problem with my running hMailserver. I tried the search but i didn't found sth.
The users get some e-mails multiple times. These are external emails with 2 or more internal recipients.

Example:
Message for user1@mycompany.com with cc for user2@mycompany.com. Both get the Message two times.

The server is configured as catchall. I download the catchall account from our provider and the deliver the mail via the MIME Header option in the external account configuration to the single users.

I think thats the problem because the mail arrives two time at the provider. hmail download it two times and use two time the MIME Header to deliver the Messages to the user accounts.

Somebody know a solution for the problem.

Thanks for help.

Greetings

Rick

sheffters
Senior user
Senior user

Re: Reciving E-Mail multiple times

Post by sheffters » 2009-10-06 11:07

^DooM^
Site Admin

Post by ^DooM^ » 2009-10-06 12:22

It's this problem mentioned in the docs.

http://www.hmailserver.com/documentatio ... al_account
Duplicate messages are delivered wrote:If several copies of the same message are stored in the external account, hMailServer will deliver multiple copies of these messages. Some SMTP servers may deliver multiple copies of the same message to the same account, if a catch-all account is used and the message is being sent to several persons on the same server. The only workaround to this problem is to reconfigure the SMTP server not to store multiple copies of the same message. Note that it is not hMailServer which needs to be re-configured but the SMTP server which delivers messages to the POP3 account hMailServer is downloading from.
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

Rick
New user
New user

Post by Rick » 2009-10-09 10:24

Morning,

sorry for my late answer, I was pretty busy the last Days. Thanks for your fast help.

Greetings
Rick