Is there any automatic backup in hmail?

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
black zero
Normal user
Normal user

Is there any automatic backup in hmail?

Post by black zero » 2009-03-18 03:54

Well.. I am surprised my previous thread was moved to this subforum, o.O so I posted this thread here instead on general discussion.

As the topic title says, I want an automatic backup function either built in or script. The script matt provided to me is working wonderfully, and I am very satisfied with it. But it's even better if I have automatic backup functionality for hmail.

mattg

Re: Is there any automatic backup in hmail?

Post by mattg » 2009-03-18 04:49

Easy...

In C:\Program Files\hMailServer\Addons\Utilities there is a utility called StartBackup.vbs

Edit this with your password.

Make sure that the backup settings that you need are set with hMailserver Backup.

Create a new windows scheduled task Start >> Control Panel >> Scheduled Task >> Create New Scheduled Task

browse to the C:\Program Files\hMailServer\Addons\Utilities\StartBackup.vbs and select your schedule (I do mine at least daily)
The e-mail swill then let you of both successful and unsuccessful backups....
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

black zero
Normal user
Normal user

Post by black zero » 2009-03-18 06:03

Done all you listed above.

Let's see for the result then. Thank you very much.

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2009-03-21 13:39

(Since this is a fairly frequent question from users (not reading the documentation) I've added a help text in the backup section of hMailServer Administrator which tells you that you can use that script to automate backups)