adjust time in Hmailserver

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
associates
Normal user
Normal user

adjust time in Hmailserver

Post by associates » 2008-10-10 00:50

Hi,

Recently we've had the daylight savings that requires the time to be moved forward an hour. The problem I am having now with Squirrelmail 1.4.13 is it still shows the old time. I know that this perhaps has nothing to do with Hmailserver. But from some research i obtained that apparently Squirrelmail, by default, is set to the server. I wonder if this refers to Hmailserver. If so, how do i go around this?

I have recently found some tips from the following link

http://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2745

the problem is I could not find init.php under "include/validate.php".

I have posted this query to the squirrelmail newsgroup but so far no respond from their experts.

greatly appreciate your help and time

Thank you in advance

mattg

Re: adjust time in Hmailserver

Post by mattg » 2008-10-10 01:31

There is a timezone setting in Squirelmail, in the config file however,

hMailserver and Squirelmail will default to the local server's time.
Set your time zone appropriately in the Operating System.

Start >> Control Panel >> Date and Time >> Time Zone

All of the time zones should be there, even with / without DST.
Just 'cause I link to a page and say little else doesn't mean I am not being nice.
https://www.hmailserver.com/documentation

associates
Normal user
Normal user

Re: adjust time in Hmailserver

Post by associates » 2008-10-10 01:51

Thank you Mattg for your reply.

wonder if you could tell me which timezone setting in config.php that i could use to adjust the time. Is is invert_time? at the moment, it is set to false. I tried to set it to true but this didn't solve the time issue.

I went to check the timezone in the control panel, date and time. It is set to GMT+10:00 Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney. And i have the daylight saving check box ticked as well.

Thank you in advance