blocked by spamhause under XBL, CBL due to dynamic IP

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
imnishit
New user
New user

blocked by spamhause under XBL, CBL due to dynamic IP

Post by imnishit » 2008-07-28 15:09

I have installed hmail as mail transfer agent for my regestired domain, it worked fine for few days but not my outgoing mails are undelivered as they are blocked by remote server. upon investigating i found that my ipaddress is blacklisted on sapmhause under XBL & CBL. the problem is that i use the dynamic ip provided by my ISP and the entire ip range is blacklisted. how can i get my server runing again?

Bladeinger
Normal user
Normal user

Re: blocked by spamhause under XBL, CBL due to dynamic IP

Post by Bladeinger » 2008-07-28 17:29

That's one reason, why we don't use server with dynamic IP-Adresses to send mail directly to the internet. Many mailservers in the internet are rejecting mails send from dynamic IP's generally. Can't you sent the mails via the smtp-server of your provider, using it as smtp-relay?

In hmailserver:

"Settings - Protocols - SMTP - Delivery of e-mail - SMTP-Relayer"

imnishit
New user
New user

Post by imnishit » 2008-07-28 18:13

So should i mention the smtp address in "SMTP relayer"? and what to mention in "Host Name"?

Also i am using multiple domain so how should i mention multiple "SMPT relayer"?

Bladeinger
Normal user
Normal user

Post by Bladeinger » 2008-07-28 18:30

If your registered domain is hosted by any provider, you have to enter his mail-server address as SMTP relayer. "Host Name" is the name of your own server, which communicates with the providers' mail server.
Also look in hmailservers' Reference Guide under "SMTP Settings" .

For multiple domains this would only work, if they were hosted by the same provider.
Are they hosted by different providers, this solution wouldn't work, i assume.

imnishit
New user
New user

Post by imnishit » 2008-07-28 19:05

thanks, i shall try setting the server accordingly.

black zero
Normal user
Normal user

Post by black zero » 2008-08-02 02:24

Whoa... I searched the forum and found an answer to my own, but similar to TC question, really fast.

Thanks alot.