Sending from behind a router - probably configuration issue

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
akerber00
New user
New user

Sending from behind a router - probably configuration issue

Post by akerber00 » 2008-06-04 19:13

I am setting up outlook to send and receive using hmailserver. I have the pop3 working and am getting incoming email. However, I get this message when trying to send from hmailserver email from my local pc.:

Send test e-mail message: Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 The host name specified in HELO does not match IP address.

I suspect this has something to do with the ip of the hmailserver machine. My router is the holder of the static IP, and it forwards to the hmail server, which uses a different internal IP, so when I send a test message it is most likely seeing my internal ip address for the hmailserver machine instead of the external ip. So, how do I fix it. Is there some way to do it using my local hosts file?

^DooM^
Site Admin

Re: Sending from behind a router - probably configuration issue

Post by ^DooM^ » 2008-06-04 19:49

Disable the "Check host in the HELO command" option in the spam protection settings using hMailServer Administrator or PHPWebAdmin. This option is disabled by default.

http://www.hmailserver.com/documentatio ... r_messages
If at first you don't succeed, bomb disposal probably isn't for you! ヅ

akerber00
New user
New user

Re: Sending from behind a router - probably configuration issue

Post by akerber00 » 2008-06-04 21:16

That did it. I am up and running now. thanks for your help.