Hmailserver suddenly used up all memory

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
associates
Normal user
Normal user

Hmailserver suddenly used up all memory

Post by associates » 2008-01-16 07:26

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone might be able to help me here. This afternoon, the desktop machine that's used as a mailserver made a loud noise as if it was running some kind of big software. It's very very slow when I went to check what's occupying the CPU under Windows Task Manager. The CPU usage was 100% under Performance tab. Then, look to Processes - it was HMailserver that's using 99% of the CPU. It went for a while (approx 5 to 10 minutes). I ended up re-starting the computer and it's back to normal since then. I went to check the log under HMailserver directory. The latest error file i could find was a two days ago one (i.e. 14 Jan 08). To my knowledge, this has never happen before. I don't know if it ever happen before. All i know is it happen today. Is this all right or anything i can do to find out what's caused it to happen?

Thank you in advance

martin
Developer
Developer

Post by martin » 2008-01-16 20:46

Doesn't sound all right to me but you need to have the normal logs enabled to troubleshoot it. Did you have the logs enabled?