need help, same issue, but can't PM prodjtech, i'm too new

Use this forum if you have installed hMailServer and want to ask a question related to a production release of hMailServer. Before posting, please read the troubleshooting guide. A large part of all reported issues are already described in detail here.
Majestik
New user
New user

need help, same issue, but can't PM prodjtech, i'm too new

Post by Majestik » 2007-12-13 06:49

prodjtech,

i tried PM you but i'm too new.
Can you help with this issue?

thanks.

danny6167
Senior user
Senior user

Post by danny6167 » 2007-12-13 14:09

Im not sure but there may be a sertian amount of posts that you must make before you can make a PM. Seen it on other forums but i never tryed to PM with post count of one.

Also this is not an "installation problem" and should no be posted in this part of the forums.

Your title says same issue? same issue as what?
Most likely you should of replyed in the same thread and not created another thread.

Majestik
New user
New user

sorry, i hit the wrong button

Post by Majestik » 2007-12-14 06:27

i meant to post on another thread but i hit the "new post" instead of "reply to".
i was trying to get some help in installing squirellMail as a nother user on another thread asked to be PM for help with the issue.

I'm running w2k Advance server, IIS and hMailServer (which i completely LOVE, as i just migrated from iMail).
But i'm not sure as to how to setup the squirrelMail to work with hMailServer.

If anyone can help with this it will be great, if not, that's ok too.
I'll try to find some info online about it.

One note to the developer(s)...
While you made an awsome product and you stick by it with great support and forums, when you recommend another "add on" type product and that other product is missing a very important chunk of information (installation procedure on anything other than linux), please don't be mad when people ask questions about the installation procedures of that "other product"

Not trying to be a smart a$$, just noticed people get mad at other users for asking how to get the installation of sq. mail.

P.S. Love hMailServer (as do all of the people in my office)

:)

danny6167
Senior user
Senior user

Post by danny6167 » 2007-12-14 06:31

Hmail acts just like any other mail server. the procidure for SM is the same and is really quite simple
[Destiny = Desternation] [Desternation = Last Stop] [Last Stop = Death]
So you destiny doesn't really matter, its what you do before you get there.

mattg

Post by mattg » 2007-12-14 08:50

try this forum topic, I found it very easy to follow. Includes a preconfigured Squirrelmail download for hmailserver.

http://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1657

Matt

dzekas
Senior user
Senior user

Re: sorry, i hit the wrong button

Post by dzekas » 2007-12-14 09:13

Majestik wrote: I'm running w2k Advance server, IIS and hMailServer (which i completely LOVE, as i just migrated from iMail).
But i'm not sure as to how to setup the squirrelMail to work with hMailServer.

If anyone can help with this it will be great, if not, that's ok too.
I'll try to find some info online about it.

One note to the developer(s)...
While you made an awsome product and you stick by it with great support and forums, when you recommend another "add on" type product and that other product is missing a very important chunk of information (installation procedure on anything other than linux), please don't be mad when people ask questions about the installation procedures of that "other product"

Not trying to be a smart a$$, just noticed people get mad at other users for asking how to get the installation of sq. mail.

P.S. Love hMailServer (as do all of the people in my office)

:)
People don't get mad. It is not polite to use third party (hMailServer) forums for own product support. Ask question about SquirrelMail, Apache, Roundcube, some other product and you risk to get notice about misuse of the forum. hMailServer developers don't know SquirrelMail internals and they might be unable to answer your questions.

SquirrelMail Linux install is simple, because Linux usually bundles Perl and provides PHP packages. Install Perl and PHP, remember that you have graphical dialog boxes instead of chmod and other SquirrelMail setup steps look the same on windows and linux. If you don't want to install ActivePerl, some SquirrelMail mods include web setup support.